New BA top100

Dominikk85

I appreciate everything the BA guys did for this list. I've really moved to 1) Keith Law and then 2) BA for my prospect info (non-sox specific, FS #1!).

But I really think you could throw out the rankings for this one. The midseason update is going to be the most interesting one in years, and should probably shake this one on its head.

This list is really 1) did we get to see and verify any of these players make strides in instructs or 2) do we happen to know anything that should cause X player to drop from 2 years ago?

There is going to be so much learned at that A / A+ level.

• Like 1

I think the main movements of the list are graduations and the draft except for the guys who got mlb time.

You can't really consider reports from alternate site because teams varied a lot in their openness for the public and also it is not clear how much performance at the alternate site at all.

I think the only way you should consider alternate site reports as in conjunction with next year, i.e if a player got positive reviews and he shows that in milb this season you might be inclined to believe the changes more quickly.

This especially applies to Kelley. He got very good reviews from the alternate site but he needs to show that he can do it in games.

But if he does it you might move him up quicker than you would if he had not shown it.

So if Kelley is good next year in A ball he could be a top100 rather quickly.

57 minutes ago, bmags said:

I appreciate everything the BA guys did for this list. I've really moved to 1) Keith Law and then 2) BA for my prospect info (non-sox specific, FS #1!).

But I really think you could throw out the rankings for this one. The midseason update is going to be the most interesting one in years, and should probably shake this one on its head.

This list is really 1) did we get to see and verify any of these players make strides in instructs or 2) do we happen to know anything that should cause X player to drop from 2 years ago?

There is going to be so much learned at that A / A+ level.

This is where I'm standing. Crochet was the only draft pick that got any burn last year and that's only gotten him into the back half, because guys ahead of him are basically locked in by default. Going off Pipeline (I don't have a BA subscription), if Abel or Detmers falter at all, you have to imagine the guy who blew past major leaguers will vault ahead of them if he blows past minor leaguers (assuming he's starting in the minors). 

15 hours ago, Dominikk85 said:

Thanks. Many of them will graduate soon but Kelley and maybe also some other young guys could make the list by the end of the year if they perform in the minors.

Hopefully Cespedes and vera hit the ground running.   Should be interesting to see if Bailey could shoot up the boards.