NBC Sports is going away

Kyyle23

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think the regional networks are completely separate.

This is what I'm wondering. 

NBC Sports Chicago's current ownership structure is 25% NBC Sports, 50% Reinsdorf, 25% Wirtz. I guess it could go back to being Comcast SportsNet if Comcast retains it's stake?

7 minutes ago, Quin said:

This is what I'm wondering. 

NBC Sports Chicago's current ownership structure is 25% NBC Sports, 50% Reinsdorf, 25% Wirtz. I guess it could go back to being Comcast SportsNet if Comcast retains it's stake?

They aren't shutting down the golf channel or olympic network, so I'm pretty sure this is just consolidating and getting rid of a cost, not getting out of sports in general. Regardless if it's NBC Sports, it appears Comcast/NBC Universal will keep a 25% stake, and it will probably still be called NBCSN

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

NBC Sports Chicago isn't going anywhere.  Regular old NBC Sports Network is going away.  Pretty much the only thing of substance on it is hockey anyway.

It had premiere league which was a pretty big get.

15 hours ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

I use the nbc sports app to stream Bulls and Sox games on my TV.  I'm concerned.

I really doubt it will change anything other than moving some national content to the Peacock pay tier.

NBC Sports is an entity that has three national and seven regional sports networks, as well as showing content on NBC Broadcast, non-sports cable channels, and the premium Peacock service, all of which are available on the NBC sports app. The only thing that is changing is that one of the national sports networks (the eponymous one) is going away, with its content shifting to USA and Peacock.