The Wainwright to the Cards Thread

Chicago White Sox

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’d be fine with Wainwright if that means Cruz at DH.  I can live with it if it means we add La Stella to the mix.  If this would be our final addition, it’s pretty pathetic in all honesty.

Well I think that is the hope at this point. We just have to finish this thing off for this next season. We are really close to being able to win it all. 

28 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’d be fine with Wainwright if that means Cruz at DH.  I can live with it if it means we add La Stella to the mix.  If this would be our final addition, it’s pretty pathetic in all honesty.

You meant Brad Miller not Cruz right?  That’s about how much money we have left.

27 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I honestly wouldn’t. 

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Man remember when the Sox were taking laps because they added salary in December?

Where do we think they’ll end up in added salary? 12th?

I wonder what the look on JR’s grandchildren’s faces is when they open up what they think is an IPad and it’s some knockoff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

we aare going to be stuck with god damn adam wainwright because this team won't shell out a contract over 100mil for aa premium talent like bauer, aren't we?

Same shit, different year. 

We were playing low payroll for so long and were told the money would be spent... that's half bullshit and half true... the half true part is its spent poorly consistently throwing money down the drain. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Well I think that is the hope at this point. We just have to finish this thing off for this next season. We are really close to being able to win it all. 

I agree and I’m not expecting anything crazy like Bauer, but going into next season with little to no depth and a league average payroll is ridiculous.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Wait, did I miss something where this is actually happening? Or are people getting pissed for no reason?

+

2) This move makes so much sense for this god damn backwards organization ran by JR and Tony. 

I would be 100% OK with this move as a 6th starter/depth role. Teams need 6 legit starters this year (and probably going forward). 

Get Wainwright and Bauer. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

+

2) This move makes so much sense for this god damn backwards organization ran by JR and Tony. 

I would be 100% OK with this move as a 6th starter/depth role. Teams need 6 legit starters this year (and probably going forward). 

Get Wainwright and Bauer. 

So there's no actual smoke as of now.

25 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Wainwright at $5M or $6M is better than Gio at $5M.  And unlike Rodon at least he can throw a pitch in the strikezone.  

Wainright pitched horrible on the road, was solid at Busch and against crappy Central Division teams. He will be exposed at Comiskey II, losing Molina's magic sticky juices, and by AL hitters. His K and HR rates are weak. There is a reason all teams including the Cardinals are not offering him much. Lester is a good comparison for where Wainright is at this point, and I wouldn't want him either.

Wainwright is better than Cease and Lopez so I'm in on a short deal. I would have preferred Kluber, but at ideally you're just looking for him to make 10 starts at the beginning of the year. If Lopez is your #6 starter to start the year and then he's #7 whenever Kopech is ready I think that's totally fine. I would much rather they try to find a Nova level starter and spend on a DH, but it kinda looks like finding a Nova and doing nothing at DH which would be bad, obviously.

• Fire 1

• bmags locked this topic