The Wainwright to the Cards Thread

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

weird that the team that saw him up close last year isn’t jumping at chance to sign him up for his age 39/40 season.

Probably because they don’t value loyalty, definitely st Louis’ rep 🥴

That’s the only part that scares me! But it could also be them being cheap as they have not signed anyone all offseason. 

JR "So who should be signed for our 5th starter? I need someone that the fans have heard of but doesn't require a lot of what would you kids call it these days, cash Money.  I can't exactly swim in my own gold pool if I don't have gold to build it with.  So help me out people.  "

TLR "I member Wainwright as a ToR pitcher.  He can do it, he did it before. Plus he only needs 6 million dollars.  He can mentor these guys."

latest?cb=20171021111007

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rey21 said:

We went from wanting Bauer -> Snell -> Darvish -> Musgrove -> Burnes -> Quintana -> Richards -> to now being cool with Adam f**king Wainwright..... c’mon guys this is a joke, the fact that Jerry has a budget in place for a team contending for a World Series is disgusting 

Who is "we"? When it comes to cost, I would be against about half of this list because of prospects lost.

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

Top comparable for Wainright in his year 39 season is none other than Bartolo “I hit a homer off James Shields” Colon. 

Colon’s numbers that year were pretty damned good.

Haven’t looked into any steamers or fan graphs or bwar projects on Wainright. 

Sincerely,

-The Eternal Optimist 

Verlander is 38 and coming off surgery.  Nolan Ryan, Randy Johnson, Roger Clemens

2 hours ago, bmags said:

weird that the team that saw him up close last year isn’t jumping at chance to sign him up for his age 39/40 season.

Probably because they don’t value loyalty, definitely st Louis’ rep 🥴

Have the Cardinals signed anybody yet this off season?

45 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Have the Cardinals signed anybody yet this off season?

Nothing of significance. As frustrated as the sox fan base is of Reinsdorf, at least we will half -ass it and get hendriks and maybe Cruz, Grandal last year, I live in the St. Lou metro area. The cards NEVER outbid anyone for anybody. This despite having a packed house every game. The problem is the cards are the only game in town with a great history and they know the fans will come no matter what. Hell, we even outbid them for Luis Robert...thank God. 

Sad things is they may lose Wainwright, Molina, & wong and still win the central

29 minutes ago, kleedawg said:

Nothing of significance. As frustrated as the sox fan base is of Reinsdorf, at least we will half -ass it and get hendriks and maybe Cruz, Grandal last year, I live in the St. Lou metro area. The cards NEVER outbid anyone for anybody. This despite having a packed house every game. The problem is the cards are the only game in town with a great history and they know the fans will come no matter what. Hell, we even outbid them for Luis Robert...thank God. 

Sad things is they may lose Wainwright, Molina, & wong and still win the central

There’s a few of us in the STL area.  Where are you?

2 hours ago, kleedawg said:

Sounds like they must be doing something right if they win while not getting into overpaying.  If you trust your talent evaluators they can help you find affordable talent while not overspending on the new flavor of the hour.

5 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I have no doubt that the White Sox want Waino but does anyone believe he’s serious about leaving the Cards? I just find it hard to believe they would let him walk. It would be a horrible look. 

We let Mark Buehrle walk so I guess it can happen.

2 hours ago, poppysox said:

Sounds like they must be doing something right if they win while not getting into overpaying.  If you trust your talent evaluators they can help you find affordable talent while not overspending on the new flavor of the hour.

They have a good track record with developing talent.

48 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They seemed to pull a 3ish fWAR rookie out of their system nearly every year...many were not super heralded.

Himes / Goldis had excellent drafts. Of course Reinsdorf shittcanned them ASAP.

The other years? It’s been mostly bad.

https://mlbdraftanalyzer.wordpress.com/white-sox/

• bmags locked this topic