The Wainwright to the Cards Thread

Chicago White Sox

4 hours ago, Rey21 said:

Agreed I’d much rather they pay for Cruz than sign Wainwright, if the choice is between:

Cease/Reynaldo 4th/5th starters + Nelson Cruz

Or

Wainwright 4th starter and Collins DH then give me the former all day

It’s not though.  As we see again and again the Sox have about $7 million left they want to spend.  Wouldn’t sign Q for 8 but will sign Cruz for 15?  Right.....my only hope is if it’s Wainwright for 5 we can also swing Tyler Flowers at backup C still

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Wainwright is much more likely to be DFA worthy in June than Quintana is. It's not even close. All over $3M, which is nothing to a baseball team. 

Totally disagree with this.  I would rather have Q but Wainwright over the last year and a half shows little sign of DFA.  Why do you feel this way?  Stats or metrics don’t say this 

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

One could argue Tony helped the Sox get Lynn and Hendriks.  

I'm sorry, but I don't think either guy(especially Lynn) is as awesome of a get as everyone here. I think Lynn is more likely to be what he's always been (a 3-3.5 win guy) than what he was the last couple years. Hendriks is 32 and even though he's really good there's still the risk he becomes Kimbrel. 

This is the White Sox, where Murphy's law is the law of the land. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm sorry, but I don't think either guy(especially Lynn) is as awesome of a get as everyone here. I think Lynn is more likely to be what he's always been (a 3-3.5 win guy) than what he was the last couple years. Hendriks is 32 and even though he's really good there's still the risk he becomes Kimbrel. 

I can’t even imagine going through life being as negative about everything as you are.

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, fathom said:

For 5 million he’s a better value than some of these guys. If they cost the same, I would have rather had other guys but for half of Richards, that’s not bad.

The value aspect is only relevant if the other 10m is actually gonna be spent. 10m is not enough to pay for Cruz and with the SP filled Madrigal isnt gonna be traded so La Stella isn't gonna sign here.

So where is the rest of the money going?

/Spoiler: JRs pocket

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yet you think Giolito will be basically the best pitcher in baseball and stay healthy for the next 5 years?

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yet you think Giolito will be basically the best pitcher in baseball and stay healthy for the next 5 years?

I don't know......but I think for the next 2-3 years it's probable. 

You want to win championships? Go big or go home. 

The Padres and Dodgers aren't fucking around. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Fire 1

• bmags locked this topic