The Wainwright to the Cards Thread

Chicago White Sox

28 minutes ago, Wisebri224 said:

It’s not though.  As we see again and again the Sox have about $7 million left they want to spend.  Wouldn’t sign Q for 8 but will sign Cruz for 15?  Right.....my only hope is if it’s Wainwright for 5 we can also swing Tyler Flowers at backup C still

Cruz is in the lineup everyday so yes I’d much rather have Cruz than Wainwright.  

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hopefully the reason the budget for a pitcher went down a few million is because they’re allocating the rest for Cruz 

I think a lot of us are just impatient with all these talks going on. I've been glued to my phone the last few days... waiting.

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hopefully the reason the budget for a pitcher went down a few million is because they’re allocating the rest for Cruz 

Lol. You know that if they sign Cruz age will finally catch up to him. The only upside is that he's not a Twin, where if he was he'd surely hit 30+ HR. 

Cruz wants a 2 year deal from what I've heard. Idk if he gets it at his age. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I may be a short sighted wet blanket, but Wainwright may be about right. Our owner has made it pretty clear through the years that he doesnt pay for starting pitching. Not the market rate.

Trading a Jared Kelley is not to my liking because we are not a normal org. We can only get star power at that position if we get it on a first contract. We just dont engage labor on this point, and never will. It's even pulling teeth to extend our own best guys, and when we gave Danks his money then it burned us. 

We're only fine with it when it's like Buerhle who was willing to take team-friendly deals his whole way (but even then, we couldnt fend off the Marlins at the end when he decided to get paid)

My one issue with Waino is what if LaRussa puts him into a playoff game because of EXPERIENCE instead of a SP who has had a better year to that point.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't know......but I think for the next 2-3 years it's probable. 

You want to win championships? Go big or go home. 

The Padres and Dodgers aren't fucking around. 

This should be the outlook we have not “well Wainwright is fine” nah f**k that as currently constructed I don’t know if you take this team in a 7 games series against the Yankees let alone the Padres/Dodgers - the goal is to win a championship not be content with mediocrity 

3 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

This should be the outlook we have not “well Wainwright is fine” nah f**k that as currently constructed I don’t know if you take this team in a 7 games series against the Yankees let alone the Padres/Dodgers - the goal is to win a championship not be content with mediocrity 

Exactly. 

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

If this is where we’re at I sure wish we could have made the Lynn trade without Dunning because damn if our depth doesn’t look as garbage.

The Lynn trade wasn’t happening without Dunning and this added to our depth.   Lynn should be good for 200 IP while Dunning would have likely done only 140 or so.

• Haha 1

Just now, sin city sox fan said:

The Lynn trade wasn’t happening without Dunning and this added to our depth.   Lynn should be good for 200 IP while Dunning would have likely done only 140 or so.

People say the weirdest stuff

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

If this is where we’re at I sure wish we could have made the Lynn trade without Dunning because damn if our depth doesn’t look as garbage.

Dammit, guys. Get out of here with all this sensibility garbage.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm sorry, but I don't think either guy(especially Lynn) is as awesome of a get as everyone here. I think Lynn is more likely to be what he's always been (a 3-3.5 win guy) than what he was the last couple years. Hendriks is 32 and even though he's really good there's still the risk he becomes Kimbrel. 

I am Jack Parkman, where Murphy's law is the law of the land. 

FIFY

7 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

You do realize the youth on this roster is not the finished product, right?   There is still a lot of room to grow for many of the young guys on this team. 

Relax

1 hour ago, Sarava said:

I'm good with Wainwright at this point. He's fine for a #5 and brings good experience.

I’d be fine with Wainwright if that means Cruz at DH.  I can live with it if it means we add La Stella to the mix.  If this would be our final addition, it’s pretty pathetic in all honesty.

• bmags locked this topic