The Wainwright to the Cards Thread

Chicago White Sox

13 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I think the criticism of guys like Cheezy Beef and Portillo’s or Cishek is warranted but there is something off. Even guys on this board who are reputable have reported interest in Cruz and Wainwright etc. so something is weird. Either everyone was making stuff up or everyone got the same info. I think it’s all entertaining so I don’t mind it too much but I think I’ll only get my hopes up from now on when Steve Stone says something lol 

I think it just reinforces the supposed divide in the FO. Hahn clearly wasn’t happy with the LaRussa hire. Perhaps the Cruz/Wainright rumors stemmed on the Hahn/KW side of things and Jerry quickly shot it down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I think they are trying to be more than what they are. I think they like the attention.

Being an insider isn't all it is made out to be anyway. Many years ago, I worked with a guy who did some business with one of JR's sons. He told me one day the Sox were trying to acquire Tim Hudson from Oakland. I was so excited. So I posted it on this board. Maybe an hour later, Hudson gets traded to Atlanta, and I get slammed. 

I still blame you for ruining my day 12 years ago.  hahahaha.  

5 hours ago, bmags said:

I'll actually say as someone that follows their tweets that I think saying "he went from cruz to wainwright" is unfair. The cruz stuff was led by gomez, and I don't ever remember the cheesy beef account going over their skis and listing anyone but the twins as the favorites. Same with Wainwright, it was always that cards were most likely. 

That's fine for me just to read a fuckjerry-like account that sources sox rumors. Could it be possible that people tied to sox thought they were interested in cruz . . . and cruz went with a different team? No, no way.

Everyone feels like a hero talking crap about these accounts but honestly if you had a general feeling for how the white sox operated and followed only these accounts you'd have a decent expectation for how this offseason would go. My impression of the sox front office is they are incredibly optimistic about their chances to do stuff that they don't have the resources for.

The FO is also very tight-lipped and I can't picture RH leaning over the backyard fence giving out tomorrow's headlines.  What the FO want's out is what gets out IMO. 

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

James Paxton, Rick Porcello, Rich Hill, Taijuan Walker, Jake Odorizzi, and Chris Archer are the most interesting names, to me. There's still enough guys out there if Jerry is actually willing to spend at all.

You forgot Trevor Bauer

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

• bmags locked this topic