Sign in to follow this  
Buehrle>Wood

Jameson Taillon traded to Yankees

5 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Why not

I hope it's not a 1 year rental but I'd much rather acquire Taillon than sign Wainwright. However, It's probably Waino because Taillon is arb eligible and probably costs too much for Jerry. 

49 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Why not

One encouraging thing about him is he has decided to change his delivery. I guess 2 Tommy John’s get you to start thinking there might be a better way.

Meh. Wouldn't give the Pirates anything for Tailon... 

10 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Meh. Wouldn't give the Pirates anything for Tailon... 

I would let them have their choice between Adolfo and Rutherford, and some other fodder.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

Good Lord, are we bored here or what 

Yes

• Haha 1

The Sox probably don't have the prospect ammo to get a deal done. I'd rather them spend money than give up pieces from a thin farm. 

1 hour ago, Joshua Strong said:

The Sox probably don't have the prospect ammo to get a deal done. I'd rather them spend money than give up pieces from a thin farm. 

You do see this statement is a contradiction, yes?

Being a sox fan feels hard sometimes. Imagine being a pirates fan. Man, gotta feel for those guys.

I’m a taillon fan so I’d like to add him to the mix, but as always depends on the cost. He isn’t really what we need right now, which is dependable innings. 

2 hours ago, Blackout Friday said:

Being a sox fan feels hard sometimes. Imagine being a pirates fan. Man, gotta feel for those guys.

I’m a taillon fan so I’d like to add him to the mix, but as always depends on the cost. He isn’t really what we need right now, which is dependable innings. 

The Pirates have won 77 more games than the White Sox since Rick Hahn was promoted to GM.

However, the Sox should have the upper-hand the next 3-5 seasons. Long term, Pittsburgh won more World Series than the Sox (2-1) during my lifetime.

Both teams are in desperate need of new ownership. At least Pittsburgh has two other well run professional teams to support. 

13 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Pirates have won 77 more games than the White Sox since Rick Hahn was promoted to GM.

However, the Sox should have the upper-hand the next 3-5 seasons. Long term, Pittsburgh won more World Series than the Sox (2-1) during my lifetime.

Both teams are in desperate need of new ownership. At least Pittsburgh has two other well run professional teams to support. 

Pirates have a fantastic history, better than ours. But come on man...imagine being a die hard pirates fan right now. Must be torture. I feel for them, that’s all I’m saying. 

9 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I feel like any trade the Yankees most over the past 5 years or so turns out great for them.

Nothing special in that package from what I can tell, would have seen if they would taken some pieces like Adolfo and Sheets instead.

8 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I feel like any trade the Yankees most over the past 5 years or so turns out great for them.

This is reas. They gave up their 15th ranked. 19th ranked, 23 rd ranked and unranked for a guy with a lot of questions,  but a ton up upside.  

5 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

If you want to make a trade in today's MLB you better have a lot of good low level latin players.  

Yeah, that’s going to be a problem for us.

15 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

If you want to make a trade in today's MLB you better have a lot of good low level latin players.  

And high school kids which the Sox don’t do, they’re always behind the trend never in front of it which is embarrassing for a big market team