La Stella to the Giants

Orlando

3 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I honestly thought Madrigal would have been moved and La Stella was going to be the 2B. Really hope the Sox didn't shoot themselves in the foot with the lack of movement since the Hendriks deal.

I’ll say it again. MADRIGAL IS NOT GETTING TRADED. NEITHER IS VAUGHN. All those rumors are created  by people on this site. If you ever read MLB rumors never once has it been mentioned that Madrigal is possibly on the trading block. Nor with Vaughn. NEVER

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SoxSteve said:

I’ll say it again. MADRIGAL IS NOT GETTING TRADED. NEITHER IS VAUGHN. All those rumors are created  by people on this site. If you ever read MLB rumors never once has it been mentioned that Madrigal is possibly on the trading block. Nor with Vaughn. NEVER

Harold has said Madrigal was discussed...he knows more than just about anyone 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SoxSteve said:

Believe what you want, but Madrigal absolutely has been offered in trade packages. And no, I’m not referring to the foodies as the sources for this. He’s the most replaceable MLB ready asset this team has at the moment, and the market has/had decent options for 2B as a replacement. People need to stop falling in love with ever prospect that comes through the system.

7 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Brad Miller is a poor man’s La Stella, just get him at this point.

I prefer Asdrubal Cabrera.  His 2020 contract was for $2.5m.  Good SH, good but not great stats from both sides, very good LH OPS, both O & D versatility.  Could DH every day from either side. Plays every IF position. But, apparently the Sox FO feels that IF utility depth and/or LH bat are not weaknesses and not worth spending $2-3m to have it. 

Edited by Rounding_Third

15 hours ago, TomPickle said:

The Giants are an interesting team. I don't think they are particularly good at this point, but they have a bunch of useful enough players and they do a good job of maximizing their talents.

Yeah, I’m very intrigued by them too. They’ve been able to make themselves interesting with some awful contracts still on the books too.

This should be the last year of Cueto and Posey on massive deals. Longoria’s deal expires after next year. 

Edited by Joshua Strong

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

This is why:

Tommy La Stella vs. right-handed pitchers since 2017:

706 PA

126 wRC+

.295 AVG

.371 OBP

.467 SLG

.172 ISO

9.8% BB

9.6% K

I was in his camp but one of many who's 1st reaction was "3 yrs - no way for Sox".  After I slept on it, "why not"?  Would have been very happy with 3 year stability with him.