Jerry Reinsdorf is cheap

On the bright side, the team should still be really good. 

I just wish they were aggressive.   You trade 6 years of Dunning for 1 year of Lynn, you would think time is of the essence.  Hendriks was an aggressive signing, but Eaton was a compromise,  and who knows what else. I am really scared about the pitching. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I just wish they were aggressive.   You trade 6 years of Dunning for 1 year of Lynn, you would think time is of the essence.  Hendriks was an aggressive signing, but Eaton was a compromise,  and who knows what else. I am really scared about the pitching. 

Honestly, it’s so hard being a Sox fan because I’d love nothing more than for Jerry to never see another playoff team in his lifetime, but obviously not at the expense of the players and is Sox fans.  Just sucks having such a shitty owner atop the organization you love.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If the Sox didn't trade for Lynn, signed Tanaka and Paxton, and had Dunning as the 6th SP/depth in the bullpen, with Kopech penciled in as the 7th SP, that would have been terrific.

This offseason was so easy on paper.  The pandemic just brought down the price on the stop gaps.  It's not like reinsdorf is broke.  Fuck that guy so hard.  Seriously just fuck that guy.

I'm so sick of his shit.  I really hope that I don't have to read more of the reinsdorf defense nonsense on this site ever again.  For years the dorf has had his apologists on here -- and I know you DA have never been one -- but he's had several.  Now not so much.  Hopefully people stop forgiving this guy.  It's just one thing after another with him.  I can't wait for the day he's gone.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

If the Sox didn't trade for Lynn, signed Tanaka and Paxton, and had Dunning as the 6th SP/depth in the bullpen, with Kopech penciled in as the 7th SP, that would have been terrific.

This offseason was so easy on paper.  The pandemic just brought down the price on the stop gaps.  It's not like reinsdorf is broke.  Fuck that guy so hard.  Seriously just fuck that guy.

I'm so sick of his shit.  I really hope that I don't have to read more of the reinsdorf defense nonsense on this site ever again.  For years the dorf has had his apologists on here -- and I know you DA have never been one -- but he's had several.  Now not so much.  Hopefully people stop forgiving this guy.  It's just one thing after another with him.  I can't wait for the day he's gone.

I've been an apologist but changed my tune when he lost out on Machado. I said then and I will say now, JR had a good run but he doesn't have what it takes as an owner to win anymore. Heis too concerned with making money. He should take his money and sell both his teams. They may still win under his ownership but it will be in spite of him and not because of him. He might even be worse fot the Bulls. Yes he gave us Tony LaRussa but he gave Bulls fans Garpax, and Jimmy Boylen in appreciation of leading the NBA in attendance for many years post Jordan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I've been an apologist but changed my tune when he lost out on Machado. I said then and I will say now, JR had a good run but he doesn't have what it takes as an owner to win anymore. Heis too concerned with making money. He should take his money and sell both his teams. They may still win under his ownership but it will be in spite of him and not because of him. He might even be worse fot the Bulls. Yes he gave us Tony LaRussa but he gave Bulls fans Garpax, and Jimmy Boylen in appreciation of leading the NBA in attendance for many years post Jordan.

Reinsdorf's allowance of Billy Donovan is the outlier here as I can see it.  And I just think that is evidence that he lets Michael handle the Bulls.  But TLR, Ozzie, Phil Jackson, Thibs, were all first time managers/coaches on cheap contracts who worked out great.  That same model he's followed forever and it has turned out terribly for the most part.  

He lucked into Michael Jordan, lucked into Frank Thomas.  He finally won a W-S in 2005 while playing in what is usually the easiest division in the AL.  For a guy who has owned the team since 1981 he's made the playoffs in 6 total seasons including last year's freebie which in normal circumstances probably is a near miss, and outside of 2005, he's never won a single playoff series in all of those years.

I believe that dirtbag Loria re: the 2nd place comments.  I mean the evidence is pretty clear what kind of dirtbag reinsdorf is also.

I'd imagine there are some owners in it to win, and some owners in it to make money.

It's frustrating seeing ownership be so tight - especially with that sweetheart stadium deal at taxpayer's expense. It makes me not want to give the White Sox another dime of my money. I know I will because I love them but I makes me feel dirty when I do.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No offense, be this is just stupid.  No one is leaving Chicago for Montreal or Portland and the MLB would never allow it.

Really? we were minutes away from being the St, Pete sailors. Veeck was going to either Milwaukee or Denver. The league wants Montreal to have a franchise again. Vegas may also be a possibilty

• Haha 1

Just now, kleedawg said:

Really? we were minutes away from being the St, Pete sailors. Veeck was going to either Milwaukee or Denver. The league wants Montreal to have a franchise again. Vegas may also be a possibilty

That was decades ago and no one is leaving the potential of a top three market.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The worst part is Jerry is only 84, knowing our luck we’ll be stuck with him for 16 more years.

I guess Liam Hendriks was only referring to SoxTalk discussion of players/speculated FA’s but not our collective ownership analysis and general (lack of) positivity, lol. 

Otoh, Madrigal’s family would be an interesting interview, how many doubters they have faced over the past decade.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Cubs fan can watch Sox games and vice versa, so the potential is always there.  And I guarantee that if a new owner came in and spent a little money, we could steal a huge portion of the causal fanbase.

I agree, but a new owner might have different motives. 

• knightni changed the title to Jerry Reinsdorf is cheap