Jerry Reinsdorf is cheap

On 1/20/2021 at 5:06 PM, maloney.adam said:

The date on this was a week ago.  Are we done ? Many believed this tweet. Should I believe in Nightengales tweet ? I believe we are pawns in a game that manipulates us. Covid keeps us from attending so owners cry poor. We don't show up as expected for mediocre teams , owners cry poor . Moral of the story : We say fuck you Jerry now but he's been saying fuck you to us for much much longer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The date on this was a week ago.  Are we done ? Many believed this tweet. Should I believe in Nightengales tweet ? I believe we are pawns in a game that manipulates us. Covid keeps us from attending so owners cry poor. We don't show up as expected for mediocre teams , owners cry poor . Moral of the story : We say fuck you Jerry now but he's been saying fuck you to us for much much longer.

What company puts out a shit product and then blames their consumers for not wanting to buy into said shit product?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What company puts out a shit product and then blames their consumers for not wanting to buy into said shit product?

^^^

The amount of contempt the Sox brass has for their fanbase only approaches Bill Wirtz. 

Jerry and Bill must have been BFFs. 

If Jerry railroads his own team's window for a 2nd time just to stick it to the MLBPA we should never forgive him. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Unlike all other sports with professional leagues in the U.S., baseball does not have to follow antitrust laws that govern player contracts, franchise movement and media contracts. The Supreme Court ruling said that baseball was a sport, not a business.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/why-baseballs-antitrust-exemption-isnt-a-strong-negotiating-tool-for-milb/

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Unlike all other sports with professional leagues in the U.S., baseball does not have to follow antitrust laws that govern player contracts, franchise movement and media contracts. The Supreme Court ruling said that baseball was a sport, not a business.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/why-baseballs-antitrust-exemption-isnt-a-strong-negotiating-tool-for-milb/

I don’t mean from a legal standpoint.  Business 101 is you design a product the consumers will want and they will actually spend their money to procure it.  If you refuse to invest in your product up front, then in almost all businesses you will fail.  Jerry doesn’t get this concept and instead makes KW say dumb shit like “I can’t a dollar if I only have 50 cents” in attempt to blame the fanbase.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t mean from a legal standpoint.  Business 101 is you design a product the consumers will want and they will actually spend their money to procure it.  If you refuse to invest in your product up front, then in almost all businesses you will fail.  Jerry doesn’t get this concept and instead makes KW say dumb shit like “I can’t a dollar if I only have 50 cents” in attempt to blame the fanbase.

Well Jerry operates from a legal standpoint. That's the whole point. He doesn't care about the fans. Remember that post where I told you to use your head not your heart ? I love to get excited about the latest rumors from the Tweety Birds as much as the next guy. But I never show it because I know in my head we are talking about Reinsdorf. I might discuss how Wainwright wasn't a terrible idea or how Cruz would be a great acquisition because it's fun to think about. But I never believed it would happen as you can see from me reposting a few posts up that I doubted it would happen at the outset of the rumor.

When everyone was all excited about getting Hendrick as I was also. I had another thought. Look at his contract. If that wasn't a clear sign that the Sox had reached their limit I don't know what was , otherwise why not just give him a 4 year contract without the deferrals ?

32 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Anyone else remember when we were supposed to have “unprecedented financial flexibility”?  I guess three B tier free agents ate all that up.

It was always just a way to keep the fans happy while they slashed their budget.

• Like 1

I am starting to get excited about the upcoming season.I have been noticing that a lot of people wearing Sox hats , sweatshirts and coats ....and Spring Training has not even started. . I have the beautiful WS license plates on my black Benz. I am proud of the White Sox and thank Jerry Reinsdorf for the team we have.   It is a great time to be a White Sox fan. 

• Haha 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 2

1) I talked to my  season ticket agent yesterday. He told me  there is going to be a 162 game season and the stadium will be  totally open to all fans, not limited to only a few thousand. I have to see how this plays out because I don't think  alot of people will be vaccined by Opening day. 2) JR might be a cheap clown and a lousy owner but he sure knows how to make money. He has made nothing but money with the White Sox franchise.

Edited by WBWSF
I wanted to add on more comments

9 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This isn't a shit product and this is a stupid fucking thing to say.  It isn't perfect but this team is still projected to win a lot of games next season based on the team they have right now, with no other moves being made.  

this entire thread fucking sucks 

• Love 1
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

1) I talked to my  season ticket agent yesterday. He told me  there is going to be a 162 game season and the stadium will be  totally open to all fans, not limited to only a few thousand. I have to see how this plays out because I don't think  alot of people will be vaccined by Opening day. 2) JR might be a cheap clown and a lousy owner but he sure knows how to make money. He has made nothing but money with the White Sox franchise.

Nobody cares

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Of course they're going to say that. They aren't going to come out and say that they might be at 25% capacity (or no fans) until they absolutely are forced to do so.

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

This isn't a shit product and this is a stupid fucking thing to say.  It isn't perfect but this team is still projected to win a lot of games next season based on the team they have right now, with no other moves being made.  

this entire thread fucking sucks 

You are absolutely correct, but previously KW did put out a shit product and blamed the fans for not spending money watching it, therefore hamstringing him into making it better.

Their team is loaded. We just want it a little more loaded.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

You are absolutely correct, but previously KW did put out a shit product and blamed the fans for not spending money watching it, therefore hamstringing him into making it better.

Their team is loaded. We just want it a little more loaded.

I want it more loaded too.  This thread still sucks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This team as it stands right now is really good and probably the best in the division.  What's really frustrating is that the team is a starting pitcher away from being one of the best in the AL*.  Whether we want to believe Nightengale's tweets or not, the front office has never given us a reason to be hopeful of going that extra mile.  And I suppose that all comes from the ownership and the willingness (or lack thereof) to spend money.

*Keep in mind that the starting pitching is one injury away from being in trouble.

Edited by hogan873

• knightni changed the title to Jerry Reinsdorf is cheap