Jerry Reinsdorf is cheap

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Seriously.  The best Sox Roster since 2006 with that added feature of young talented players here for long term success.....but too many miserable folks it's still not enough to be excited for. 

I really don't understand it. We've been miserable enough over the years, this is the year to be excited. I for one would rather be optimistic, especially when there is good reason to be, rather than angry and upset and narcissistic. Yes, they need to address the depth. I agree. Is that worth name calling and degrading? No.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

This isn't a shit product and this is a stupid fucking thing to say.  It isn't perfect but this team is still projected to win a lot of games next season based on the team they have right now, with no other moves being made.  

this entire thread fucking sucks 

This.  I'm as puzzled as anybody by the unwillingness (so far) to fill the final holes on this team when it seems so easy to do so, and am not a big fan of Jerry.  But this is also a great roster that's the talk of baseball, and like it or not, that's also been built under this FO and ownership.  Some of you should try taking a breath and moderating your views a little bit.  This is a roster most fanbases would kill for.  If your fandom and well being rises and falls on the presence or absence of Garrett Richards or James Paxton at the back end of the rotation you've officially lost the forest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

This.  I'm as puzzled as anybody by the unwillingness (so far) to fill the final holes on this team when it seems so easy to do so, and am not a big fan of Jerry.  But this is also a great roster that's the talk of baseball, and like it or not, that's also been built under this FO and ownership.  Some of you should try taking a breath and moderating your views a little bit.  This is a roster most fanbases would kill for.  If your fandom and well being rises and falls on the presence or absence of Garrett Richards or James Paxton at the back end of the rotation you've officially lost the forest.

We are two pages from jack declaring he sees no better than a fourth place finish from this team 

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

How some of you can still do mental gymnastics to defend Jerry is beyond me...

^^^^. 

Really, most ownership groups in baseball falls under this BS. So it's not just Jerry, but they deserve to be burned at the stake.

• Like 2

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

I really don't understand it. We've been miserable enough over the years, this is the year to be excited. I for one would rather be optimistic, especially when there is good reason to be, rather than angry and upset and narcissistic. Yes, they need to address the depth. I agree. Is that worth name calling and degrading? No.

In part I'm glad stadiums won't be allowed filled to capacity, to have to avoid answering the constant question of why only 20k are showing up every night despite having a great young team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

In part I'm glad stadiums won't be allowed filled to capacity, to have to avoid answering the constant question of why only 20k are showing up every night despite having a great young team.

I think this city is aware of what the Sox can be this season, and they will be at the part in full.  If they can pack it in at some point, they will

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Well considering everyone on this forum is a diehard White Sox fan, it shouldn’t be surprising that people are upset by Jerry’s spending habits. Beating a dead horse? Maybe. But it’s a valid complaint.

Sure it's valid so is complaining about the cold in winter.  Doesn't make it compelling or interesting conversation.

Granted, then is then and now is now, but I remember the 70's when my dream was just to have a team that could be respected by playing close to .500 ball. Then this...

I won't make excuses for ownership not re-investing profits for wins, but will have to hope that money not being spent on payroll now will not go to an owner's yacht but instead to retention of existing young talent and better opportunities in the near future. 

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Sure it's valid so is complaining about the cold in winter.  Doesn't make it compelling or interesting conversation.

It's as if these whiners just showed up recently to cheer for this team.  EVERY DIE HARD SOX FAN KNOWS JERRY IS CHEAP!   IT'S NOT BREAKING NEWS!

Edited by HOFHurt35
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

What did he say that implied any sort of water carrying 

“Doesn't make it compelling or interesting conversation.”

It’s a conversation that needs to be had. Jerry shouldn’t be able to get away with being this cheap any longer. They promised that the money would be spent. Well here we are and it’s clear that it’s not going to be. Obviously the pandemic plays a role in this, but it’s still extremely disappointing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

We are two pages from jack declaring he sees no better than a fourth place finish from this team 

No, but Jerry is doing exactly what David Samson said he'd do. Jerry doesn't want a winner. He wants a second place team, and that's exactly what he has built. Every year there are guys that overperform and guys that underperform. The Sox cannot afford any underperformance whatsoever and expect to make the playoffs as anything more than the second wild card, if that. They need everything to go right to win the division, and these are exactly the types of teams Jerry put together from 2000-2012. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

It’s a conversation that needs to be had. Jerry shouldn’t be able to get away with being this cheap any longer. They promised that the money would be spent. Well here we are and it’s clear that it’s not going to be. Obviously the pandemic plays a role in this, but it’s still extremely disappointing.

Dude, Jerry doesn't need to answer to anyone.

You have a choice, there's the door. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

It's as if these whiners just showed recently to cheer for this team.  EVERY DIE HARD SOX FAN KNOWS JERRY IS CHEAP!   IT'S NOT BREAKING NEWS!

Its the lie that this year's spending would be different is what's drawing the anger.  We shouldn't have trusted & believed him again.  We're mad at ourselves for doing so and lashing out.

4 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Well go ahead and get him.  Don't buy his product.  Show him

4 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

you should write him a strongly worded letter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No, but Jerry is doing exactly what David Samson said he'd do. Jerry doesn't want a winner. He wants a second place team, and that's exactly what he has built. Every year there are guys that overperform and guys that underperform. The Sox cannot afford any underperformance whatsoever and expect to make the playoffs as anything more than the second wild card, if that. They need everything to go right to win the division, and these are exactly the types of teams Jerry put together from 2000-2012. 

Your act is tired