Sign in to follow this  
SoxAce

Blue Jays acquire Steven Matz

29 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Wow.. Mets on highway robbery lol

Yeah SRF is a decent prospect if I recall. I used him in Fantasy leagues when he came up because he had some hype. 

If Mets sign Bauer, that would be a fun rotation, especially when Syndergaard comes back. DeGrom, Bauer, Syndergaard, Stroman, Carrasco with Peterson, Lucchesi, and Lugo as depth.

Edit: Although on the MLBTR comments of this trade, some Mets fans think this was done to declutter some the starting pitching depth as Matz isn't really needed. But we will see.

Edited by manbearpuig

14 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

If Mets sign Bauer, that would be a fun rotation, especially when Syndergaard comes back. DeGrom, Bauer, Syndergaard, Stroman, Carrasco with Peterson, Lucchesi, and Lugo as depth.

Edit: Although on the MLBTR comments of this trade, some Mets fans think this was done to declutter some the starting pitching depth as Matz isn't really needed. But we will see.

Absolutely. 

NYM/Padres/Dodgers really have the right strategy. Load up on quality SP and focus on depth. I can't say it enough... that is going to be so incredibly important in 2021 and really going forward. 

More teams are evolving to 6 man rotations, even if they don't come out and say it. That's the immediate future of the game. 

Just more reason to be upset with how the White Sox have watched pitchers go by all offseason. 

• Thanks 1