Garbage dump pitchers I don't *like* like but like more than garbage

bmags

So we're at this point of the season.

1) Jimmy Nelson

Dodgers liked him enough last year to give him a shot, based on his bullpens in milwaukee post shoulder ripping off his body. His fastball was slower at 92, but he featured a much better curveball. Then he hurt his back and womp womp was out for 2020 so we don't know, then the dodgers didn't pick up his option that wasn't that expensive. Not a good sign! but this is GARBAGE DUMP PITCHERS

2) Folty

He completely lost his fastball and was awful. But what this post presupposes is...maybe he didn't?

JK He's probably trash

3) Matt Moore

He was really good to start 2019, then tore his meniscus. He was really good in the NPB last year, and wikipedia says he's a free agent. Remember when he was really good way back when? Probably still is.

4) Trevor Williams

There is only one number that matters here, he is 29. That is not particularly young, but hey. Pirates pitchers that had some talent started to do better last year. Not williams, he was garbage. But maybe he won't be. 

5. Anibal Sanchez

So his fastball declined a full mph into the danger zone of below 90 last year. The only thing that I think is optimistic about a 37 year old pitcher with a LOT of mileage, is if he isn't completely done, wouldn't it make sense that perhaps it was due to the start/stop/start/stop of 2020? No? Probably right.

6. Chase Anderson - Objectively horrible last year but his stuff still looked fine? People barrelled up everything. Maybe we can just say "2020 shrug"?

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 2.14.25 PM.png

Thank you for your time. And before you ask "what about?". If they are good, they are not allowed here!

Other guy I thought about: Tommy Milone.

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They're gonna bring in another starter and a couple on minor league deals.  They should have a good shot at Folty.  

I don't know why, I just feel so bad for that guy. To fall off a cliff right when your team arrives, has to just be the worst feeling.

2 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I agree. And I can't believe we are this point where are wishfully thinking about guys who are like plan G, H, I basically.

I don't want to act like this is wishful thinking. This is profoundly depressing. But baseball is particularly fun to look for rebound guys, so here this all is. I mean we are going to look back at this thread and these guys are likely all 100% awful or not in the league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bmags said:

So we're at this point of the season.

1) Jimmy Nelson

Dodgers liked him enough last year to give him a shot, based on his bullpens in milwaukee post shoulder ripping off his body. His fastball was slower at 92, but he featured a much better curveball. Then he hurt his back and womp womp was out for 2020 so we don't know, then the dodgers didn't pick up his option that wasn't that expensive. Not a good sign! but this is GARBAGE DUMP PITCHERS

2) Folty

He completely lost his fastball and was awful. But what this post presupposes is...maybe he didn't?

JK He's probably trash

3) Matt Moore

He was really good to start 2019, then tore his meniscus. He was really good in the NPB last year, and wikipedia says he's a free agent. Remember when he was really good way back when? Probably still is.

4) Trevor Williams

There is only one number that matters here, he is 29. That is not particularly young, but hey. Pirates pitchers that had some talent started to do better last year. Not williams, he was garbage. But maybe he won't be. 

5. Anibal Sanchez

So his fastball declined a full mph into the danger zone of below 90 last year. The only thing that I think is optimistic about a 37 year old pitcher with a LOT of mileage, is if he isn't completely done, wouldn't it make sense that perhaps it was due to the start/stop/start/stop of 2020? No? Probably right.

6. Chase Anderson - Objectively horrible last year but his stuff still looked fine? People barrelled up everything. Maybe we can just say "2020 shrug"?

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 2.14.25 PM.png

Thank you for your time. And before you ask "what about?". If they are good, they are not allowed here!

Other guy I thought about: Tommy Milone.

Toss in Chris Archer and Mike Leake to the scrap heap as well