Madrigal 3000 hits "very reachable"

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

Most of his career will be in the first or second spot IMO.Ā  Ninth is great as he gets acclimated, however.

IDK, I'm not entirely sure. I'd argue that Anderson is a better leadoff hitter than he is, and he doesn't strike me a the typical #2 hole hitter with his lack of walks. If he never develops power, I don't think we ever see him at the top of the order.

1. Anderson (R)
  2. Moncada (S)
  3. Abreu (R)
  4. Jimenez (R)
  5. Grandal (S)
  6. Robert (R)
  7. Vaughn (R)
  8. Eaton (L)
  9. Madrigal (R)

If everyone hits their potential, I think that's the lineup you roll with.

Ā 

Edited by CWSpalehoseCWS
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

IDK, I'm not entirely sure. I'd argue that Anderson is a better leadoff hitter than he is, and he doesn't strike me a the typical #2 hole hitter with his lack of walks. If he never develops power, I don't think we ever see him at the top of the order.

1. Anderson (R)
  2. Moncada (S)
  3. Abreu (R)
  4. Jimenez (R)
  5. Grandal (S)
  6. Robert (R)
  7. Vaughn (R)
  8. Eaton (L)
  9. Madrigal (R)

Ā 

I agree for this year.Ā  I was referring to his down the road career.

16 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

1. Anderson (R)
  2. Moncada (S)
  3. Abreu (R)
  4. Jimenez (R)
  5. Grandal (S)
  6. Robert (R)
  7. Vaughn (R)
  8. Eaton (L)
  9. Madrigal (R)

Ā 

We'll see what LaRussa does. Guys like Madrigal or Eaton (or both) strike me as guys LaRussa would definitely put at the top of the order.Ā 

• Like 1

You gotta have dreams. You gotta process those dreams into goals. The goals have to be realistic, believable, desirable, measurable,Ā  and public. He's hitting all those points.Ā 

I'm going to use him in an upcoming lesson on goal setting.

Now that he hasĀ that long range goal he can break it into steps. Fitness to stay healthy. Consistent improvement. Great off season regiments. I'm certain his mental game coach is Ā proud.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Spud Webb was shorter and he could dunk on a 10 ft. rim. I don't think a whole foot lower is out of the question for Madrigal to reach since you didn't say dunk . ;)

Still, 3000, yea good luck with that.

Madrigal is just the type of player that could make it happen.Ā  Singles hitter that uses the whole field and can lay down a bunt.Ā  The comparison with Nellie Fox who had over 2600 hits is real IMO.

3000 hits is a very aggressive goal.Ā  He'll have to be really good for a long time, and a lot of things will have to go right for him.Ā  But, I like the fact that he's setting goals for himself.Ā  I'd rather him talk like this than set very achievable goals or not set goals at all.

I get it, show you can stay healthy, play a full season, blah blah.Ā  But I'm happy to have a guy like this on the team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Madrigal is just the type of player that could make it happen.Ā  Singles hitter that uses the whole field and can lay down a bunt.Ā  The comparison with Nellie Fox who had over 2600 hits is real IMO.

I don't think think far ahead . I'll be happy with a lot of hits this season. You and I might not be around to witness 3000 even in the unlikely event it happens.

12 minutes ago, poppysox said:

He had the second-best OBP on the team in his rookie year.Ā  I would say his ceiling is plenty high.

Itā€™s entirely tied to his batting average though. Heā€™s aggressive andĀ doesnā€™t walk. The fact that he has a pretty mediocre to below average exit velo on his hits (which are all singles) makes me pause to label him as a impact bat for the lineup. Heā€™s a tough out, donā€™t get me wrong, but I get the impression teams will figure out how to position against him. If he never develops power,Ā heā€™s a slap hitter.Ā Iā€™d rather have that type of hitter near the bottom for when the lineup turns over andĀ the guys whoĀ can actually drive the ball are due up. He has a high floor due to his contact abilities, but I donā€™tĀ see this prolific hitter I would rather have batting over anyone of the young guys currently on the team or projected to be in the lineup for the next few years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't think think far ahead . I'll be happy with a lot of hits this season. You and I might not be around to witness 3000 even in the unlikely event it happens.

That is probably a good bettingĀ proposition.

Ā 

It is good that Sets himself high Goals, even if he ends up at 2500 that is better than wanting to reach 1000 and get to 1500.Ā 

Yeah it is unlikely he makes it to 3k (almost impossible to make it to 3k hits or 500 homers as a college player unless you are good until almost 40) but it is good that he tries to be the best player he can be.

32 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Why are people mad he wants to have a goal of 3,000 hits?Ā  Of course it's not going to happen. But I'm glad he has some confidence and a goal to work towards.

He's overrated and not good enough to help the Sox win, but at some point in the future he'll be a free agent and become someone Sox ownership is too cheap to sign.

53 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Why are people mad he wants to have a goal of 3,000 hits?Ā  Of course it's not going to happen. But I'm glad he has some confidence and a goal to work towards.

Why are people saying people are mad when I don't see a single post that is angry ? I know you are not a thin skinned dude.