Arenado traded to Cardinals

Dam8610

Good. It's about damn time Colorado made some moves. They need to sell off, badly. 

If I were them, I'd sell Arenando for literally anything. Just get his contract out of the way as they aren't going anywhere. I'd trade German Marquez for an absolute haul (hopefully to the white sox). I'd play the youngsters, see whaat I have, and then try to find a way to break the SP gap at Coors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Good. It's about damn time Colorado made some moves. They need to sell off, badly. 

If I were them, I'd sell Arenando for literally anything. Just get his contract out of the way as they aren't going anywhere. I'd trade German Marquez for an absolute haul (hopefully to the white sox). I'd play the youngsters, see whaat I have, and then try to find a way to break the SP gap at Coors.

I wouldn't give Colorado much more than a lottery ticket for Arenado. He's good but teams could have had him when he was a free agent. It's like the Bears trading for DeShaun Watson.

8 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

I wouldn't give Colorado much more than a lottery ticket for Arenado. He's good but teams could have had him when he was a free agent. It's like the Bears trading for DeShaun Watson.

Agreed. His contract makes him about even. Getting his contract off the books for Colorado is all that should matter for them. 

The one tough thing is that Nolan has an opt-out I think after this year. So any team trading for him has to consider that risk. 

Edited by iWiN4PreP

2 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Cardinals are my other favorite team so this post makes me happy, lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

Cardinals are my other favorite team so this post makes me happy, lol.

eh.. knowing the cardinals and how cheap they've been this offseason, they will likely give up a good prospect for colorado to cover some money 😛

22 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

The Arenado to the Cards thing is a rumor that happens basically every year and never materializes.  Highly, highly doubt something comes of it.

This time it feels real tho. That tweet is brand new... players are talking to each other, Arenando seems to be OK with voiding the no trade clause.

IMO this looks like it happens. It makes way too much sense for the Rockies... they are going NOWHERE looking up at Dodgers + Padres