Joc to Cubs

bmags

14 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The Sox didn't lose a game started by a left handed pitcher last year and that was with a right fielder who didn't hit anyone.  Who gives a shit if Pederson can't hit lefties.  They have that covered.  

This so much. We have Engel to play vs. lefties. It was a perfect situation for someone like Joc, but we instead got an older guy who helped blow up the clubhouse 5 years ago. 

• Thanks 1

I also love how people complain about choosing Eaton over Joc as if it was a draft and we could just select whichever player we want.  That's not how free agency works. Like somebody mentioned, Joc might have wanted to play every day.  Or maybe Joc was asking for more money a month ago and we didn't want to be left with nobody. 

3 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

I also love how people complain about choosing Eaton over Joc as if it was a draft and we could just select whichever player we want.  That's not how free agency works. Like somebody mentioned, Joc might have wanted to play every day.  Or maybe Joc was asking for more money a month ago and we didn't want to be left with nobody. 

It a losing battle, some people just have to complain no matter what the circumstances are that they know nothing about.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

The article said one thing that appealed to Joc was that the Cubs weren't going to platoon him. I don't think the White Sox would go that far, and if they did, that would be stupid.

Maybe the ship has sailed because the Dodgers platooned him for the last 6 years, but he more than held his own against lefties in the minors.  I'm guessing this was a TLR/Kenny move because Adam is considered grindy/gritty.  It's not a horrific miss, but still a swing and a miss.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

1 year deal for both, and most likely neither will play for their current team in 2022 unless they have a great year.

Relax people we have Yoenis Cespedes coming who may be given a chance this year if thing don't work out for Eaton/Engle.

I think that's who they'll bring in to DH. He should be pretty cheap as he hasn't played much in years due to weird injuries away from baseball. 

3 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Still can't hit a lefty, didn't have time to watch all but the HR's I watched were all against righties. 

Yes, home runs off of Verlander are a dime a dozen.

Pederson + Engel >>> Eaton + Engel

I don’t want a single start by  “Nobody like ju in the White Sox Clubhouse” against a lefty. Not one.

I also don’t want a single start above the seven hole. Not one.

27 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

1 year deal for both, and most likely neither will play for their current team in 2022 unless they have a great year.

Relax people we have Yoenis Cespedes coming who may be given a chance this year if thing don't work out for Eaton/Engle.

1. It's his brother.

2. He isnt a lefty masher.

So IDGAF if he's coming in 2022.

2 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

The expectations this board is putting on yoelqui cespedes and/or Oscar colas to be near-ready, low risk MLB contributors are confusing and seemingly unfounded. 

Agreed but not sure what else you can expect when you root for a team that has had a massive hole in RF for almost a decade (with the exception of 2016 alone). Especially when no steps are ever taken to actually address that hole, only stopgaps who underperform 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

We missed out on a platoon player. Oh well. 🤷

I was pro-Pederson regardless if Eaton was here just for the depth and getting Eloy into the DH spot more often (obviously with Joc being primary DH against righties and then Eloy DH against lefties with Engel covering the OF).

• Thanks 1