Joc to Cubs

bmags

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

The division has a ton of lefties. Sox mash lefties. Eaton hits lefties decent. Joc is the worst player in baseball against lefties.

I like Joc as a platoon, but people are making this sound like sox missed out on Springer. It's almost comical at this point. 

Eaton doesn't hit lefties decent.  He sucks less than Joc does but he's still not good against them.  Engel should be in rf against lefties whether we had Eaton or Joc.  

Edited by Rowand44

4 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

The division has a ton of lefties. Sox mash lefties. Eaton hits lefties decent. Joc is the worst player in baseball against lefties.

I like Joc as a platoon, but people are making this sound like sox missed out on Springer. It's almost comical at this point. 

The article said one thing that appealed to Joc was that the Cubs weren't going to platoon him. I don't think the White Sox would go that far, and if they did, that would be stupid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rowand44 said:

Eaton doesn't hit lefties decent.  He sucks less than Joc does but he's still not good against them.  Engel should be in rf against lefties whether we had Eaton or Joc.

yeah, the idea is that Engel should get 30-40 starts for sure if he plays like last year. I think the flexibility of Eaton being able to play against some lefties is nice though. My only worry is that TLR will want to play him everyday...because "grindy"

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

The Sox did not need Joc vs. lefties. Joc is vastly superior to Eaton vs. righties, of which there are a ton more of in the division. His platoon bat (strong side), ability to play all three OF positions and DH against righties is EXACTLY the type of depth move that the Sox needed. Joc fills more needs than Eaton. Nobody thinks he's Springer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

yeah, the idea is that Engel should get 30-40 starts for sure if he plays like last year. I think the flexibility of Eaton being able to play against some lefties is nice though. My only worry is that TLR will want to play him everyday...because "grindy"

As you've stated the Sox already mash left handed pitching though.  Does having a guy that can sometimes possibly play against left handed pitching matter like at all?  If Adam was still a great defender than obviously this is a different story but he's not.  Like I said, imo the Sox just messed this one up.

44 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I am willing to put up some sort of bet (not a ban bet) that Eaton will outperform Joc this season. Not homeruns, obviously, but if Joc is played everyday on the Cubs his numbers are going to be horrid. He is a platoon guy people. 

You’re going to win quite handedly

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

This is a great argument for Joc Pederson.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

Joc Career VS LHP: .191 .266 .310 .576
Eaton Career VS LHP: .272 .344 .351 .695

saying that Joc is only marginally worse than Eaton against LHP is just stupid.

Eaton is also getting older, more injured, and less skilled due to age. Not a very fair comparison IMO. 

Also, with Joc you just don't play him vs LHP. 

4 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

Joc Career VS LHP: .191 .266 .310 .576
Eaton Career VS LHP: .272 .344 .351 .695

saying that Joc is only marginally worse than Eaton against LHP is just stupid.

Not a single person here said Joc is marginally worse than Adam against LHP.  It just doesn't matter to most because neither should be playing against lefties.

Edited by Rowand44
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Eaton is also getting older, more injured, and less skilled due to age. Not a very fair comparison IMO. 

Also, with Joc you just don't play him vs LHP. 

I don't get it.

Sox fans seem to love Joc, but not because they watch him play baseball. He was fucking awful last year, can't play defense and the Dodgers had zero interest in bringing him back.

Compare him to Adam Eaton though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

I don't get it.

Sox fans seem to love Joc, but not because they watch him play baseball. He was fucking awful last year, can't play defense and the Dodgers had zero interest in bringing him back.

Compare him to Adam Eaton though.

Yeah adam eaton was awesome last year. People should watch baseball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

38 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

Joc>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Eaton. Period. There is no possible way to spin his signing for equal money as anything but a massive failure by the White Sox. 

It is dumb to call it a massive failure till we see the results.  The White sox are hoping for postseason success. The Cubs are filling an open position. 

Just now, SCCWS said:

It is dumb to call it a massive failure till we see the results.  The White sox are hoping for postseason success. The Cubs are filling an open position. 

The Cubs won their division last year and have at least a $10m higher payroll at this point, and there are many solid free agents left.

There was zero reason to win December and sign Eaton.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The Sox didn't lose a game started by a left handed pitcher last year and that was with a right fielder who didn't hit anyone.  Who gives a shit if Pederson can't hit lefties.  They have that covered.  

Exactly.