Joc to Cubs

bmags

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...never once have I called the 2021 team a shit product.  I love this group of players and think we are a legit World Series threat, but am also scared shitless of a complete lack of depth.  And the frustrating part is our lack of depth is an unnecessary risk that could easily be overcome with a tiny amount of spending.  Unfortunately, the owner you’re defending from being called cheap appears to be rocking a YoY decrease in payroll.  How the fuck can anyone argue that is acceptable?

And I was a fan of both the Lynn & Hendriks signings, so which ones am I hating on?  The Eaton signing which I admittedly didn’t like?  What else have we done?  I actually was one of the more positive posters in the Rodon thread now that it’s clear we’re tapped out financially and dumpster diving would be our only option for the 5th spot.  As for Joc, you’re right on that and I was wrong to blast the front office without more information.  Happy to own up to that.

And yes, the roster appears to be more or less set now, so does that change your opinion of things?

I'm not here to change anyone's opinion on anything.  All I'm saying is the knee jerk reaction of a good portion of this site whenever anything happens, whether it relates to the Sox or not, sucks.   We can't hold every fucking signing of another team against the Sox for not making the same move.  

you can believe whatever you want about this team, if you believe they are or aren't playoff bound this season, that's on you.  

but you absolutely said they are trying to sell us a shit product and I quoted you doing it.  I don't know why you think that is somehow not calling the Sox a shit product 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I'm not here to change anyone's opinion on anything.  All I'm saying is the knee jerk reaction of a good portion of this site whenever anything happens, whether it relates to the Sox or not, sucks.   We can't hold every fucking signing of another team against the Sox for not making the same move.  

you can believe whatever you want about this team, if you believe they are or aren't playoff bound this season, that's on you.  

but you absolutely said they are trying to sell us a shit product and I quoted you doing it.  I don't know why you think that is somehow not calling the Sox a shit product 

Good god man, there’s this thing called context and I was 100% not speaking about this year’s team.  Fans should be out in full force supporting this team (pandemic withstanding) because this should be a quality young team.  And when I refer to a “shit product”, I’m simply talking about the “can’t spend a buck when you only have 50 cents” narrative this org used to spin.  Most companies want to motivate their potential consumers into buying their product, while the Sox have historically done the opposite, needing guaranteed attendance in place before investing heavily in the team.  And IMO, it sucks that us Sox fans have to buy into the product before the billionaire owner so he can avoid taking on any financial risk.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Please, shut the fuck up already.  I honestly don't care what you think

Thanks for proving my point.  The only reason to respond like this is due to a lack of argument.

This is how an admin behaves. Wow. 

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

I guess this is all just optional? I mean if there really are no actual rules, why not just take this down?

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

55 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Thanks for proving my point.  The only reason to respond like this is due to a lack of argument.

I guess this is all just optional? I mean if there really are no actual rules, why not just take this down?

If you feel the rules are optional please operate as such.   Every day you start arguments in every thread telling people you are smarter than them in so many little passive aggressive ways, and I simply don't give a fuck what you think anymore.  So don't respond to me, and move on your way.   Pretty simple.   

12 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

If you feel the rules are optional please operate as such.   Every day you start arguments in every thread telling people you are smarter than them in so many little passive aggressive ways,and I simply don't give a fuck what you think anymore.  So don't respond to me, and move on your way.   Pretty simple.   

This is not true and you know it.

Presenting an argument or supporting one is not a claim of higher intelligence. If someone feels threatened, as your behavior would dictate, that is not my problem. Projection of insecurity or lack of effort shows through in angry and aggressive posts.

But at this point I'd say I'll happily avoid you. Just a shame in the last week alone I've seen 2 administrators who regularly engage in mischaracterizing posts, aggressive trolling and vicious attacks.

Edited by RagahRagah

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

This is not true and you know it.

Presenting an argument or supporting one is not a claim of higher intelligence. If someone feels threatened, as your behavior would dictate, that is not my problem. Projection of insecurity or lack of effort shows through in angry and aggressive posts.

But at this point I'd say I'll happily avoid you. Just a shame in the last week alone I've seen 2 administrators who regularly engage in aggressive trolling and vicious attacks.

Again, nobody cares

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RagahRagah said:

To be clear, it isn’t the only reason. You’ve proven time and time again to be an irritating, whining, miserable know it all and people are sick of your act. Believe me. We’ve gotten plenty of messages. 

So when you come over the top and “chime in” with your absolutes (even though they are simply your opinions) people absolutely have a reason to tell you to shut the fuck up, and it doesn’t have to relate at all to whatever dead horse you’re trying to beat this time...people just don’t want to hear from you. 

You should listen to Kyle, he’s a smart guy.

15 minutes ago, Tony said:

To be clear, it isn’t the only reason. You’ve proven time and time again to be an irritating, whining, miserable know it all and people are sick of your act. Believe me. We’ve gotten plenty of messages. 

So when you come over the top and “chime in” with your absolutes (even though they are simply your opinions) people absolutely have a reason to tell you to shut the fuck up, and it doesn’t have to relate at all to whatever dead horse you’re trying to beat this time...people just don’t want to hear from you. 

You should listen to Kyle, he’s a smart guy.

That's exactly what the type of people I'm talking about tend to say.

In any case, it makes someone look bad when they have to respond to someone who is calm with anger, aggression and attacks. Regardless or whether I'm right or not. There is an ignore option for a reason, isn't there? Why not just use it instead of make yourself look hostile?

Attempt to justify it any way you want. It doesn't matter. And it pretty much means the "rules" are nonexistent. Administrators savagely trolling people and telling others to "shut the fuck up" is not defensible. 

Edited by RagahRagah

2 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

Ah, NOW you care about those things.  Well hopefully your posts will now improve a lot with this moment of self-reflection.