Rosario signs with CLE for $8 million

caulfield12

https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2021/01/cleveland-indians-trying-to-sign-free-agent-outfielder-eddie-rosario.html

Also brought back Cesar Hernandez.

Rosario hit .257 with 13 homers and 42 RBI last year for the Twins in the 60-game sprint. He made $7.75 million last year.

The veteran outfielder will be a boost to the Indians because their outfield production last year was among the worst in baseball. The nine players who appeared in the outfield for the Indians last year hit a combined .194 with 11 home runs.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

So basically we stressing about Rosario taking Lindor's spot in lineup??

I'm good

Because Bieber, Plesac, Civale, McKenzie and Karinchak are just as capable as our Top 4 and closer...and then you have Francona.  As things currently stand, we need to be more focused on the division than the World Series.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Because Bieber, Plesac, Civale, McKenzie and Karinchak are just as capable as our Top 4 and closer...and then you have Francona.  As things currently stand, we need to be more focused on the division than the World Series.

Terry Francona isn't going to beat us if their players can't. You may not love TLR, but he isn't getting outmanaged. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I said lindor > Rosario

So by your analysis the Indians are better then us. .. 

Btw....

Bieber > giolitto 

Lynn > plesac

Kuechle > civale

Kopech > Mckenzie 

Cease > no one

I'll take my chances with us and our bullpen and lineup.

#negativenancyisathing

Edited by 2Deep

28 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I said lindor > Rosario

Btw....

Bieber > giolitto 

Lynn > plesac

Kuechle > civale

Kopech > Mckenzie 

Cease > no one

#negativenancyisathing

Apparently you missed all those games down the stretch.

It’s a bit premature to argue Kopech is better than someone who pitched regularly last season.

Never once said they are better, just that they’re two more moves away from being a competitive ballclub in our particular division.

And whenever you write something like Cease > no one, that invariably means someone will come out of nowhere, as they always manage to come up with pitching year after year after year.   Sure, there’s no Kluber, Clevinger or Carrasco, but they’re far from dead.  They’re still dangerous as long as  Jose Ramirez is in that lineup.

Had we decided to take Odorizzi or Cruz away from Minnesota, we’d be in much better shape.   At least Odorizzi would have covered up the glaring hole in the rotation and relieved all the pressure on Cease and Kopech.

39 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I said lindor > Rosario

Btw....

Bieber > giolitto 

Lynn > plesac

Kuechle > civale

Kopech > Mckenzie 

Cease > no one

#negativenancyisathing

Is is so cringeworthy seeing people who view any non-favorable analysis or criticism as being "negative."

Just the term "negative nancy" itself is just cringeworthy.

• Like 1

I never saw a great fit for the Sox and Rosario. We know the Sox aren't moving Eloy to DH and believe he will be a passible LF'er. We know they almost called up Vaughn at the end of last season and obviously view him as having a role at DH for this upcoming season. That literally leaves Rosario for RF, which if anyone has bothered looking at his stats on FanGraphs, the guy is an absolute butcher in LF, let alone RF. I want the Sox to continue to add for depth, but I don't see this as being the right one.

4 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I never saw a great fit for the Sox and Rosario. We know the Sox aren't moving Eloy to DH and believe he will be a passible LF'er. We know they almost called up Vaughn at the end of last season and obviously view him as having a role at DH for this upcoming season. That literally leaves Rosario for RF, which if anyone has bothered looking at his stats on FanGraphs, the guy is an absolute butcher in LF, let alone RF. I want the Sox to continue to add for depth, but I don't see this as being the right one.

Before last season, though, pretty sure he had a net positive on DRS... he certainly wasn't Pete Incaviglia or Josh Fields out there. 

8 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

So they substantially downgraded at shortstop but their OF has been so weak for years that decent players are a major upgrade. Are we really sure they’re taking a big drop?

It Depends on if they keep churning out aces. They traded so many pitchers (bauer, kluber, carrasco) and still had a strong rotation.

Their pitching dev is certainly top notch, but still there might be some regression at some point.

9 hours ago, Ozzie’s Cuban Cigar said:

Maybe he was one of YOUR targets and not a WSOX target?  29 other teams didn’t get him either.  

Watching Eddie Haskell play LF is a lolla. Imagine Eloy with no net game. 

On 1/29/2021 at 11:03 PM, Vulture said:

29 other teams always don’t get every single player

No kidding Sherlock. If you read the post it was remarking how they didn’t get Rosario because of JR being cheap.  Why is it if they don’t get someone it’s always because JR is cheap? How do you know they even wanted him?