German Marquez Thread

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Where is the $3M coming from?

Wasn't there a Tweet about it ? Then there was another Tweet about having offered 10M for Joc , he refused and Sox signed Eaton for $7 . That's a $3M difference . But then you have to figure they budgeted a certain amount for Hendriks that still preserved that $3M cushion.

Here is what I am for , let’s offer some scouts from Tampa, the cardinals, maybe even the twins a million dollars more than they are making and bring them over here so we can scout better , draft better pieces so in the future we can have an org that can trade pieces to get pieces. This thread should be dead before it’s gets Cruz like, it’s not happening . 

12 minutes ago, quickman said:

Here is what I am for , let’s offer some scouts from Tampa, the cardinals, maybe even the twins a million dollars more than they are making and bring them over here so we can scout better , draft better pieces so in the future we can have an org that can trade pieces to get pieces. This thread should be dead before it’s gets Cruz like, it’s not happening . 

Crochet, vaughn, madrigal, kelley, robert, thompson, vera, coespedes all say hi. They have drafted just fine the last 2-3 years and their cuban work is unmatched. They need to draft some latin teenagers...that is all. The top end is working and they have 4 top 56 prospects they DONT want to trade

Edited by EloyJenkins
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Crochet, vaughn, madrigal, kelley, robert, thompson, vera, coespedes all say hi. They have drafted just fine the last 2-3 years and their cuban work is unmatched. They need to draft some latin teenagers...that is all. 

Hi back to them they were all good picks because we sucked every year, literally sucked and they were all top picks. Easy to get the best players when your picking in the top 5. Not fighting with you or anyone but we are a very top heavy org then then we have nothing. We should have had more while we rebuilt, way more . Anyway we don’t have enough pieces.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don't think the Sox could get Marquez without trading Vaughn 

Then they should do it and sign Ozuna, I understand you wouldn’t wanna forfeit 6 years for 4 years or whatever the logic is against trading Vaughn but the goal is to win and win now, they can’t afford to waste more years of Grandal, Kuechel, Abreu, or Lynn by waiting for Vaughn 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Then they should do it and sign Ozuna, I understand you wouldn’t wanna forfeit 6 years for 4 years or whatever the logic is against trading Vaughn but the goal is to win and win now, they can’t afford to waste more years of Grandal, Kuechel, Abreu, or Lynn by waiting for Vaughn 

Not only that, but there is NO gurantee that Vaughn does anything of value for 2021 or 2022. He's still a prospect.

A guy like Ozuna, on the other hand, just had a MVP caliber year in the big leagues and has had amazing years before. 

Monster hitter. 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Arbitrary financial limit?  Good lord you are just making up reasons to be mad now.

Huh? The entire narrative in the past 2 weeks has been the White Sox have some limit where they can't spend over 3m. That's absurd. 

3 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I think a big package around crochet also could get it done. On the other hand kopech doesn't make that much sense for the rockies because he only has like one year of control more than marquez.

The rockies really need full 6 years of control guys.

3 hours ago, bmags said:

It’s caulfield so either his head or yahoo.com

Clearly it was mentioned around here more than once in the last 2-3 days.

But sure, I just made up an arbitrary number.

I guess a few have spent too much time obsessing over “foodies” tweets to the point where idle speculation often becomes gossip becomes reality/perception.

Yahoo Sports hardly ever creates their own Sox-related content, all they do is repost articles 85% of the time from other sources...but if you are a fan of a specific team, you might notice that local articles from sites like NBCSportsChicago come up more frequently on the news scroll.

Edited by caulfield12

58 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

I think a big package around crochet also could get it done. On the other hand kopech doesn't make that much sense for the rockies because he only has like one year of control more than marquez.

The rockies really need full 6 years of control guys.

If he Kopech stays down long enough, it would be the rest of 2021 + 5 years  

7 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I'd have np trading Crochet + Vaughn for Marquez and going out and signing a DH like Cruz or much more preferably Ozuna. 

The problem is you’re buying Ozuna really high...if you look at his last five or six seasons, he hasn’t been tremendously consistent.  Can we really afford to sink $15 million into a bat-first player?

10 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Marquez is nothing special at all. It would be absolutely foolish to trade Vaughn for him. I’ll go as far to say there’s a decent chance that a Rodon (or similar signing) could perform as well as Marquez. He’s not nearly good enough to warrant trading Vaughn.