Sox resign Rodon 1 yr /3m official, Vargas DFA

bmags

I just hope sitting on the market with no offers is a sobering wake up call for Carlos (if the rest of his career hasnt already been). Just put your head down, work hard, and be happy with any role you’re able to get. Whatever pick he once was is irrelevant, just another guy at this point....if not he’s going to find himself out of baseball sooner rather than later. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I just hope sitting on the market with no offers is a sobering wake up call for Carlos (if the rest of his career hasnt already been). Just put your head down, work hard, and be happy with any role you’re able to get. Whatever pick he once was is irrelevant, just another guy at this point....if not he’s going to find himself out of baseball sooner rather than later. 

Sad but true.

Rodon is exactly the dude I’d want if this were 2017 and they were trying to find reclamation projects but not in 2021 when this team is trying to win a World Series, let’s move on from this idea please? You sign Rodon you’re gonna have to sign more depth, it was never an issue of whether he has stuff but whether he can stay healthy or not, re-signing him would accomplish nothing but it’s very WhiteSox 

Edited by Rey21

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Rodon took Jake Peavys mantle for “white Sox pitcher with a reputation of bulldog on the mound that actually is never on the mound and really just complains a lot”

Glad he could be back IMO 

I think his wife talked him out of an extension lol. If he can stay healthy for two months it would be headline news. He also wants to start maybe in Schaumburg. 

1 hour ago, Jerksticks said:

It’s strange right.  The general pessimism doesn’t apply to Katz, SOLELY because the hate for Cooper and his dinosaur status is greater.  The pitchforks are still fresh with the blood of the Cooper

This is simply not true. Yes, Cooper needed to go, but the excitement with Katz is we have actual evidence that his coaching style works. What he did with Giolito was a huge factor in him going from the literal worst starting pitcher in the league to one of the best. The general pessimism doesn't apply to Katz because there is legitimate hope that he can do the same thing with Cease and Lopez. 

• Like 1

• bmags pinned this topic
Just now, NCsoxfan said:

I am extremely biased, but I think Carlos is going to have a great year. People forget how dominant this guy is when he’s healthy. I saw many many of his games at NC State and still can’t believe his career has unfolded the way it has...but it’s not over yet!

He wasn't dominant in the big leagues even when healthy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

I am extremely biased, but I think Carlos is going to have a great year. People forget how dominant this guy is when he’s healthy. I saw many many of his games at NC State and still can’t believe his career has unfolded the way it has...but it’s not over yet!

Yeah you’re just extremely biased 

I’m not optimistic about Rodon suddenly figuring it out and being healthy for an extended stretch, but I’m glad they added another arm to the mix.  Hope they add Folty as well and then let them and Lopez battle for the 5th starter role in spring training.  Not ideal obviously, but better than an older dumpster dive who lacks stuff.

• bmags unpinned this topic