Sox resign Rodon 1 yr /3m official, Vargas DFA

bmags

10 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Nope. We didn't want any guys like him. "WE" wanted Bauer, Yu, Woodruff, Snell, Musgrove, Paxton, Tanaka, Kluber, Burnes, Marquez, Q, Richards, and then even Wainwright. 

Maybe "we" were all wrong and this Rodon signing is a thing of genius.  Yeah...I know...probably not.🙂

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think Bob got Rodon and Colome confused. 

Even so, he is still referring to the Rodon addition as "fabulous bullpen depth". He doubled down on it. Nothing about Rodon in the bullpen is "fabulous", unless you are the opposing team. 

Edited by ron883

This is bad. But we know where we stand at least. The Sox love Cease. It's clear. Whatever Zoom work he's doing with Katz, they have to be pretty confident they figured something out.

It's one thing to be cheap. But we allotted starting pitcher money to the closer, basically, so something about the way we allocated means they continue to love Cease's potential.

Please get multiple starting guys, Sox, even if they are small $. We have nothin at AAA unless you count Stiever. I'd think Stiever goes thru all the levels though before he comes back to MLB.

Edited by Drake Is Our Leader

41 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Rodon's problem has always been desire and work ethic.  He lacked both.  Now he finally realized this is his last chance at a big payday and I was told he actually put in a lot of work this off season to get his body in great shape and is finally prepared both physically and mentally for the season.  I sure as hell wouldn't be the team to give him that payday but I think he's going to have a good season.

Dude, the “best shape of his life!” articles aren’t supposed to come until late February.

• Haha 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

So does anyone remember how we were finally done with Gordon Beckham, we were all so disappointed he couldn’t get there, we finally seemed to be moving on, then we resigned him as a backup and he was starting at 3b by May because everyone else was bad?

Nope. I have no recollection. 

1 hour ago, macsandz said:

So Nightengale is gospel when he's crying poor for JR but when he's proven to be wrong (again) by Rosenthal it's a harmless joke. Got it. 

I think Nightengale got his scoop from Tony during Happy Hour. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

52 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Rodon's problem has always been desire and work ethic.  He lacked both.  Now he finally realized this is his last chance at a big payday and I was told he actually put in a lot of work this off season to get his body in great shape and is finally prepared both physically and mentally for the season.  I sure as hell wouldn't be the team to give him that payday but I think he's going to have a good season.

That’s encouraging to hear. Thanks for that info.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Dude, the “best shape of his life!” articles aren’t supposed to come until late February.

Those reports are always a joke and shouldn't be believed, but guys getting prepared and playing better during a contract season is something I do believe in. It was always reported that Rodon didn't have a great work ethic or desire. This is his last chance to get a good contact most likely. He needs to perform this year. 

10 minutes ago, Orlando said:

That’s encouraging to hear. Thanks for that info.

I don't know why Orlando, but the Steve Stone twitter avatar cracks me up. Tempted to steal it. You are basically the official tweeter of soxtalk. Keep up the good work!

Edited by ron883
  • Thanks 1

• bmags unpinned this topic