Sox resign Rodon 1 yr /3m official, Vargas DFA

bmags

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don't think he would've signed to pitch out of the pen. He'll be the 5th starter to begin the year. 

Woof.

I believe in Katz helping Cease and Kopech.

I think coop and Rodon were actually a lot alike, and Rodon has a lot more to unlearn. 

Just now, flavum said:

Coming off a 60-game season, every team is going to have more than 5 starters. 6-man rotations might be common, but there certainly will be more pitchers getting 95-110 innings just by taking the load off younger starters that aren’t ready for 180+ innings.

So who are they bringing in for those 95-110 innings?

The Sox need to load up with as many pitchers as possible. I’m happy they are addressing this with adding depth pieces instead of just adding one big piece. It’s going to be a battle out there this year and we’re going to need as many arms as possible even if some of them are going to work out of the pen.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 2

It all depends on who they sign next. If it’s another starter type then Rodon and the next guy fight it out with Lopez. Loser to the bullpen for awhile at least . Which quite frankly is the way that it should be for these project , injury pitchers who need to prove themselves . They will be on year year deals prove or hit the pen. Simple really .

35 minutes ago, quickman said:

It all depends on who they sign next. If it’s another starter type then Rodon and the next guy fight it out with Lopez. Loser to the bullpen for awhile at least . Which quite frankly is the way that it should be for these project , injury pitchers who need to prove themselves . They will be on year year deals prove or hit the pen. Simple really .

Agreed. They'll fight it out for that 5th spot. And pretty sure there'll be one more relatively significant addition. Also, Lambert (in The Athletic piece) sounds convinced he'll be in the mix, too. Probably not yet. Let them battle it out.

• bmags unpinned this topic