Folty signs with Rangers

Buehrle>Wood

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

If Folty or anyone else signs it's going to have to be to a minor league deal.  No mas dinero.  

This budget can’t be a strict budget, right? Let’s say Bauer wants to sign a five year, $25M deal with the Sox because he loves us so much. We’re not turning that down because of our budget. 

I realize that’s a ridiculous hypothetical, but I’m using it to ask an honest question. The budget is not 100% cut and dry, right?

36 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

This budget can’t be a strict budget, right? Let’s say Bauer wants to sign a five year, $25M deal with the Sox because he loves us so much. We’re not turning that down because of our budget. 

I realize that’s a ridiculous hypothetical, but I’m using it to ask an honest question. The budget is not 100% cut and dry, right?

The team is on the floor.  

3 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don't think this is true but I do agree that they'll be minor league deals. I think a catcher is coming still and possibly Folty and some versatile vet infielder/DH type on a minors deal. 

If they don't want to sign Bauer and don't want to spend on anyone else, sign Folty to a minor league deal, sign a catcher to a minor league deal with a $1m salary if he makes the team, and then sign Brad Miller to an MLB deal.