Folty signs with Rangers

Buehrle>Wood

35 minutes ago, Wisebri224 said:

Archer just got 6.5 million?  White Sox offered Folty a minor league contract?  He’s getting at least 2-3 million.  Bye Folty 

Yes, seems like people feel Archer was an overpay on Twitter. I tend to agree with them. There's similar pitchers available for very cheap. Very odd move by the Rays... maybe due to the connection of his former team. 

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

Yes, seems like people feel Archer was an overpay on Twitter. I tend to agree with them. There's similar pitchers available for very cheap. Very odd move by the Rays... maybe due to the connection of his former team. 

Considering Archer had surgery for Thoracic outlet syndrome I would agree with you that it is confusing that he got that contract.   

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

or a couple guys,  They need some depth in triple a.

I am really liking the idea of Jimmy Nelson more so than Foltz.  Better career at this point too and should be around a MiLB deal, no? I admitedly don't know or remember what his injury was that knocked him out for a few years

5 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I am really liking the idea of Jimmy Nelson more so than Foltz.  Better career at this point too and should be around a MiLB deal, no? I admitedly don't know or remember what his injury was that knocked him out for a few years

I'm pretty sure he's the guy who tore his shoulder up diving back to 1B on a pickoff attempt.  

27 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'm pretty sure he's the guy who tore his shoulder up diving back to 1B on a pickoff attempt.  

He did, but came back to pitch in the bullpen with Brewers. Dodgers signed him last year based on that stint and were going to put him in rotation, but he hurt his back. Certainly health concern with him, but we have seen his stuff work in a different way post shoulder.

22 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Mets are about to sign Bauer and Sox fans are on the edge of their seat trying to find out whether Folty chose us. I am one of those Sox fans lol.

I'll always fall in love with dudes like these ever since our breaking bad boy loaiza.

Rodon was basically the stake in the heart of my offseason, these are all the margin stuff. Still fun.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'll always fall in love with dudes like these ever since our breaking bad boy loaiza.

Rodon was basically the stake in the heart of my offseason, these are all the margin stuff. Still fun.

I agree! I would love Folty. It’s just funny how our wind has been knocked out of us. We all expected to be in on bigger names!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I agree! I would love Folty. It’s just funny how our wind has been knocked out of us. We all expected to be in on bigger names!

Hopefully next year we learn better.. Until Jerry’s gone we have to just prepare ourselves for the worst 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Hopefully next year we learn better.. Until Jerry’s gone we have to just prepare ourselves for the worst 

People wonder why I'm so pessimistic about the Sox.......

It's up to the organization to earn my optimism. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1