FS: Top Prospects (Outfielders)

Y2Jimmy0

• Quin pinned this topic
56 minutes ago, quickman said:

Great writeup just sad to see a list of players that 8 out of ten never make it up. What is the latest on colas by the way? Cant see him actually waiting till next year unless the Sox promise him like 3 million to wait. 

He’s waiting and likely gets $2.5-$3 million 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Without a MiLB season last year to see growth, Cespedes makes this group look A LOT better.  Odds are even if Colas was here today, he'd slot in at #2.

I think of the guys who were already here, Krogman and Bailey are the guys to watch for breakout seasons.

No question.  Agree with everything you wrote.

Other than Cespedes, it is interesting that I'm most excited to see how the guys in the lower half of that list play this year.  But really, other than Gonzalez, there is a certain level of excitement in any of the guys on this list.  How does Adolfo look after such a long layoff from playing actual games and can he stay healthy?  Was Rutherford able to continue to add muscle/change his body during the time off, and does he finally take that next step to add power to his game?  Etc

• Like 1

15 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Without a MiLB season last year to see growth, Cespedes makes this group look A LOT better.  Odds are even if Colas was here today, he'd slot in at #2.

I think of the guys who were already here, Krogman and Bailey are the guys to watch for breakout seasons.

I think I am the president of the Benyamin Bailey fan club. Hes a beast phsyically and has the potential to be very good defensively for his size. I think his swing needs to be re-done as it resembles a golf swing, but you cant teach 6'5 and athletic with plate discipline

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FriendlyNorthsider said:

I think I am the president of the Benyamin Bailey fan club. Hes a beast phsyically and has the potential to be very good defensively for his size. I think his swing needs to be re-done as it resembles a golf swing, but you cant teach 6'5 and athletic with plate discipline

You might have to fight @oldsox for that crown.

• Quin unpinned this topic