Cease could be the best P on Sox, per Lucas Giolito

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

The most concerning part of that is the "flaming liberal" excerpt 

Don’t worry, based on who Cease follows on Twitter...he is the EXACT opposite. (Which I don’t really care about, FYI..)

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Really feels like Cooper was just stealing money the last couple of years 

Without being in the room, it felt like Cooper had a business card with 6-7 of his core pitching philosophies printed on them, and would just hand them out to the staff and say “Good luck.” 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I think it's hilarious that Don Cooper hasn't found a job yet, figuring how much people overhyped that dude

The best of the best get to a certain point, get a little older, get a little more tired, and get formulaic about everything.  Thus, the handing out a card with some sayings on it comment has merit.  He wasn't overhyped for a long time, but time took its toll on him.  Thanks for a job well done, but now it's Katz time.  I'm as positive about the  change as an old pessimist Sox Fan can be right now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I haven't been as convinced of a Cease turnaround, but I am hopeful Katz can certainly help. And he doesn't need to be an ace, but a plus back end starter would go a long way. 

I know it's not the same, but if there are any golfers here, you can truly relate to this. You can know exactly what you are doing wrong, but by yourself it is so hard to correct. Having drills, and someone watching to ensure you are doing those correctly and translating it to a swing - is a true game changer. Just going by 'feel' can often lead to bad corrections and overcorrections, sometimes making things worse. You have to get to a place to stop thinking. That's hard.

• Love 1