Getz is promoted to Ast GM

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I like hearing this.  I’d love to see the following lineup & rotation at Kannapolis:

• 1B: DJ Gladney
  • 2B: Jose Rodriguez
  • SS: Lency Delgado
  • 3B: Bryan Ramos
  • LF: Benyamin Bailey
  • CF: Cabera Weaver
  • RF: Luis Mieses
  • DH: Harvin Mendoza
  • CA: Jefferson Mendoza
  1. Jared Kelley
  2. Matthew Thompson
  3. Andrew Dalquist
  4. Norge Vera
  5. Isaiah Carranza
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I like hearing this.  I’d love to see the following lineup & rotation at Kannapolis:

• 1B: DJ Gladney
  • 2B: Jose Rodriguez
  • SS: Lency Delgado
  • 3B: Bryan Ramos
  • LF: Benyamin Bailey
  • CF: Cabera Weaver
  • RF: Luis Mieses
  • DH: Harvin Mendoza
  • CA: Jefferson Mendoza
  1. Jared Kelley
  2. Matthew Thompson
  3. Andrew Dalquist
  4. Norge Vera
  5. Isaiah Carranza

That would certainly be a very entertaining squad to follow. I just hope Kanny got some video cameras installed at the new stadium so we'll actually be able to watch the games.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

That would certainly be a very entertaining squad to follow. I just hope Kanny got some video cameras installed at the new stadium so we'll actually be able to watch the games.  

Getz also hinted at this in a recent Fegan article.  Bailey pretty much confirmed for Kanny and pretty wild that Weaver would go straight to High A.  Should open up OF playing time in Kanny for Krogman or Comas.

Benyamin Bailey, a statuesque 19-year-old Panama-born corner outfield prospect, was set to make his stateside debut last season. Now Getz indicated he will be ticketed for a full-season affiliate in 2021, and will be joined by promising international signings like shortstop José Rodriguez and Cuban third baseman Bryan Ramos. In turn, Getz forecasted that outfielders Bryce Bush, Cabera Weaver — both drafted out of high school in 2018 — will be headed to Winston-Salem sooner to make room.

6 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Getz also hinted at this in a recent Fegan article.  Bailey pretty much confirmed for Kanny and pretty wild that Weaver would go straight to High A.  Should open up OF playing time in Kanny for Krogman or Comas.

BA top 30 sounded like Weaver had made some progress last year at instructs. 

The interesting question to me will be - is hi-A or lo-A at the typical talent level we expect most years? Or with every other team facing same placement issues on their prospects new gap year will what would have been an aggressive assignment in previous years be relatively on point.

18 minutes ago, bmags said:

BA top 30 sounded like Weaver had made some progress last year at instructs. 

The interesting question to me will be - is hi-A or lo-A at the typical talent level we expect most years? Or with every other team facing same placement issues on their prospects new gap year will what would have been an aggressive assignment in previous years be relatively on point.

Yeah, I’m guessing most clubs will be similarly aggressive, but hopefully this means both W-S are stacked with younger talent and not a ton of org guys like have oftentimes been in the past.

26 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Aside from my general weariness of insiders, has he ever scouted or evaluated talent?  My understanding is that he's a contracts guy, like Hahn.  

I mean, I don’t think any of us have a great understanding of what his full role is in the front office, but he’s certainly more than just the “contracts guy” and is definitely evaluating talent in some capacity whether through traditional scouting or analytics.