Colome to Twins, 1YR 5M plus option

margiss

For everyone that says every outing was an adventure - I'm going to plainly state he was an excellent closer for the White Sox. Flat out he converted saves at a high level.  Whether I bet on him being able to maintain that balancing act, maybe not - but at $5M this was a great use of resources for the Twins.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

For everyone that says every outing was an adventure - I'm going to plainly state he was an excellent closer for the White Sox. Flat out he converted saves at a high level.  Whether I bet on him being able to maintain that balancing act, maybe not - but at $5M this was a great use of resources for the Twins.  

I don't disagree.  He did a solid job.  But it was rarely pretty or uneventful.  I do agree that $6.25M, its a solid move.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Rogers, Duffey, Colome ain't a bad 7th, 8th, 9th pen at all. I'm assuming they're gonna move Dobnak to the pen too unless he's gonna be their 5th starter.

I still would take Heuer, Bummer and Hendriks. You also have Crochet, Marshall and Foster. We’ll see though, it’s going to be a dog fight again. 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

I'm surprised he didn't find a two year offer.  

4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Meh.  Helps solidify their pen I guess, but every outing is an adventure for Colome.  

Twins doing some dumpster diving this offseason right along with the Sox the offseason.  

Dumpster diving for a guy who was an excellent closer for us for 2 years?

Please, Sox... do more "dumpster diving."

People are kidding themselves if they don't think this division is still going to be tough for the Sox to win. Realistically, we added 1 starter and little else. Our team is still potentially going to be very tenuous.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

He was outstanding and $5M is a bargain. Should have signed AC and Q. Duh. 

• Thanks 1