FutureSox Top Prospects: Starting Pitchers

Y2Jimmy0

I know there is no where to go but down for the group, but I am so freaking excited for the group that should be at Kanny this year.  Kelley and Vera could be a HUGE shot in the arm to this franchise in the next 3-4 years, and you still have guys like Thompson and Dalquist who could make their marks as well.

• Quin pinned this topic
58 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

This group will be critical to the second part of the window.

Aaron, are the Bears really getting Wentz? If true,  I hope they get some draft picks in return. That's a huge contract he signed. I agree with you on this group of starting pitching.

Edited by smellysox

58 minutes ago, bmags said:

What are the FS guys thoughts on Davis Martin? Will he be in bullpen this year or do they keep trying him at starter?

Probably still starting I'd imagine. I think Bilous is too but we put him with relievers. Probably in Winston-Salem. Isaiah Carranza is interesting as well 

57 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Usually you want HS pitchers to gain 20 pounds.  Backwards profile guys are scary AF.  

Absolutely. But there are exceptions.  Look at Strasburg. He was like a second round guy, but then took conditioning seriously and vaulted to 1-1. If Kelley has projection left from slimming down, that would really enhance his profile.

2 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Absolutely. But there are exceptions.  Look at Strasburg. He was like a second round guy, but then took conditioning seriously and vaulted to 1-1. If Kelley has projection left from slimming down, that would really enhance his profile.

There are always exceptions and Strasburg is a good example.  He lost weight and his stuff took a giant leap forward.  Hopefully Kelley can keep the weight off and maintain the stuff he already has.