2021 Super Bowl LV Chiefs v Bucs

tray

9 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

You would think after 20 years I would've learned to never bet against Tom Brady, yet here I am...

I'm not going to lie - I am in total shock.  I could have seen the Bucs win - especially with some of the Chiefs injuries - but never did i see the Chiefs look this poor offensively for 3 quarters. 

I want to see a game - so hopefully they score a TD here and see something interesting.  

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I'm not going to lie - I am in total shock.  I could have seen the Bucs win - especially with some of the Chiefs injuries - but never did i see the Chiefs look this poor offensively for 3 quarters. 

I want to see a game - so hopefully they score a TD here and see something interesting.  

I might go to bed early, this Super Bowl sucks like Seattle and Denver, New England and the Rams and Denver and Carolina.

Yay Brady wins again, he’s the greatest of all time. Can we move on from the old guard and usher in the new era yet?

• Like 1

Bowles is definitely getting his schemes copied by every team that faces the Chiefs the next decade.  Of course, the only question is whether teams have the personnel to execute it, but you’d think an AFC West team would either offer a HC position or huge salary hike to go over there when Brady’s done (maybe when he turns 48-50?)

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Bowles is definitely getting his schemes copied by every team that faces the Chiefs the next decade.  Of course, the only question is whether teams have the personnel to execute it, but you’d think an AFC West team would either offer a HC position or huge salary hike to go over there when Brady’s done (maybe when he turns 48-50?)

Hopefully Brady meets Father Time sooner than that...

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The scheme where Mahomes is injured and their o line can't handle a 4 man rush.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Jesus Mahomes is amazing. That is 2 drops by WR that hit them in the face mask.

That was a tough catch - Mahomes was pretty darn bad tonight. Pressure got to him - and he didn’t help things. Held on to ball way too long and was just a bit out of control all night. 

My wife kept saying he didn’t mentally look right - I agree. Easily the worst game of Mahomes career. 

And damn - Brady and that whole offense was fantastic as was the defense. Total domination. 

39 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

The scheme where Mahomes is injured and their o line can't handle a 4 man rush.

Yeah - i kept telling people during the week - those oline injuries were potential game changing. The backups were abused against the Bucs strong pass rush. Didn’t help that Bucs had big lead and Mahomes was forced to pass on literally every play. 

I thought that there was a bad non-call when a TB lineman slapped Mahomes helmet after he was down. Mahomes complained but no flag.

Mahomes was not that far removed from concussion protocol, which is not all that predictive of future concussion.

He did not look like he was entirely there, especially after he was hit a few times. His helmet looked like it was on a bobble head doll.

Edited to add - no excuse for the loss, but it was what it was, a shitty, non-competitive game with bad calls, bad announcing (Romo) terrible half-time show, and commercials.

Edited by tray

13 minutes ago, tray said:

I thought that there was a bad non-call when a TB lineman slapped Mahomes helmet after he was down. Mahomes complained but no flag.

Mahomes did not look like he was entirely there , especially after he was hit a few times. His helmet looked like it was on a bobble head doll.

Your last point is spot on - he literally didn't look like he was there. Whole 2nd half - he just kind of looked like a malfunctioning robot.