David Price?

hi8is

Sounds like Shields II. Jerry is cheap because one Covid and two because Sox fans don't support their team sufficiently. His way of jabbing back over the cost of business. Otherwise he doesn't give a hoot. 

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

isn't Kopech due to pitch for the sox this year?  Giolito, Lynn, Keuchel, Cease, Corpse until Kopech

what's the deal with wanting another pitcher

do we think Cease and Kopech can't be serviceable 4 and 5s?

Kopech almost certainly will be on an innings limit coming back from TJ (technically he already came back last year but after skipping the season I don't see more than 110 innings for him this season).

Also there could be an injury and it is unclear how much cease improved.

It could work without another starter but it would be quite some risk

11 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

isn't Kopech due to pitch for the sox this year?  Giolito, Lynn, Keuchel, Cease, Corpse until Kopech

They could be. The 2020 White Sox in a 60 game season, used 9 starters. They are going to have to have some depth especially since every pitcher is increasing his work load.

11 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Keuchel is due to fall off a cliff, Giolito or Lynn could get hurt and Lopez, Cease and Kopech are unproven. Plus serious teams are looking at 6 man rotations since last season was so short. If you’re serious about winning, you spend the money to short up your pitching staff. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

It has taken a few weeks, but I've come to terms with the fact that Rodon was our last pitcher of significance and anyone else will be of our brad penny variety.

I'm leaning towards that thinking as well.  I'm holding out hope that its not true.  If reports/rumors were true, the Sox did show some interest in SP trades, in FA's Richards & Kluber and offered Wainwright.  So it does show they realized they needed another SP.  I don't want to believe that the Rodon signing changed that. I keep thinking how could it?  However, it seems that it might have.  But I'm still clinging to the hope that they're just waiting for ST evaluations and/or FA demands to come down a little to complete another move/signing.   

5 hours ago, Rounding_Third said:

I'm leaning towards that thinking as well.  I'm holding out hope that its not true.  If reports/rumors were true, the Sox did show some interest in SP trades, in FA's Richards & Kluber and offered Wainwright.  So it does show they realized they needed another SP.  I don't want to believe that the Rodon signing changed that. I keep thinking how could it?  However, it seems that it might have.  But I'm still clinging to the hope that they're just waiting for ST evaluations and/or FA demands to come down a little to complete another move/signing.   

So that makes you a Klingon, clinging to that hope and I'm usually right there with you but Captain Kirk/ Picard, aka JR , phasered me into non existence.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I realize how many are in love with Kopech's arm, but he hasn't pitched in two years. He also has next to no major league experience. Serviceable? Perhaps. But right now he is a huge question mark. It would be nice to have another starter.