David Price?

hi8is

2 hours ago, Dominikk85 said:

Kopech almost certainly will be on an innings limit coming back from TJ (technically he already came back last year but after skipping the season I don't see more than 110 innings for him this season).

Also there could be an injury and it is unclear how much cease improved.

It could work without another starter but it would be quite some risk

Cease will be #4 and Lopez #5 until Kopech is ready IMO.  We did resign Lopez for a reason.  I want to see what all these guys can do working with Katz before we muddy the water with yet another castoff.

10 hours ago, hi8is said:

Dodgers are paying Price 16m... say they agree to pay 10m and we put in 6. Possible then?

Right or wrong I think the Sox are committed to going to ST with their current roster.  I have noted however that they have not announced their non-roster invitees and maybe that's where they are currently shopping.  Here's my theory: the Sox know they are going to need more arms, especially multi-inning arms, to get through the early part of 2021 yet they don't want to block their young guys.  There's still some pitchers available that might soon sign for a minors contract.  I like Peacock, McHugh, and Leake for this excercise.  Pitchers and Catchers report in 8 days.  What say you?

Also for those not trusting Eaton's health holding up, what would be the harm in signing Mazara to a minors deal?

57 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So that makes you a Klingon, clinging to that hope and I'm usually right there with you but Captain Kirk/ Picard, aka JR , phasered me into non existence.

I had the perfect GIF for this but no matter what I try I can't get anything but the code to appear and not the actual GIF.

lol Beyond the stun setting, eh?  Me too.  There's so much in their rotation depth plans that is completely illogical without another SP (FA or trade). 

To boldly go this far in their 5 year mission so meticulously & smartly and then possibly allow it to implode over something so easily defended against is very frustrating. 

I won't go into all the "what ifs", we know them by heart.

14 minutes ago, Rounding_Third said:

lol Beyond the stun setting, eh?  Me too.  There's so much in their rotation depth plans that is completely illogical without another SP (FA or trade). 

To boldly go this far in their 5 year mission so meticulously & smartly and then possibly allow it to implode over something so easily defended against is very frustrating. 

I won't go into all the "what ifs", we know them by heart.

And we all know those Captains didn't mind bending the Prime Directive once in a while ( prohibiting its members from interfering with the internal and natural development of alien civilizations.) I am the Captain ,I control this ship ! If you mutiny your lifetime job is over !

Starfleet Command doesn't exist in JR's universe.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And we all know those Captains didn't mind bending the Prime Directive once in a while ( prohibiting its members from interfering with the internal and natural development of alien civilizations.) I am the Captain ,I control this ship ! If you mutiny your lifetime job is over !

And to think we could have signed Q!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, hi8is said:

Dodgers are paying Price 16m... say they agree to pay 10m and we put in 6. Possible then?

No. Has had a lot of issues in clubhouses especially w media.   Has talent but at times is a head case when performance de3clines. 

9 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

No. Has had a lot of issues in clubhouses especially w media.   Has talent but at times is a head case when performance de3clines. 

You do realize Cobra Kai signed La Russa and Eaton this off-season.

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

They could be. The 2020 White Sox in a 60 game season, used 9 starters. They are going to have to have some depth especially since every pitcher is increasing his work load.

I was told by Stone, Ozzie and others on JR’s payroll this too was Ricky’s fault, and the White Sox would have went 74-0 last season if Tony La Russa was manager.

Worth discussing, but i don't see the upside from the dodgers end. They have an okay payroll right now, and can keep it under $250 reasonably easily if they were just either move on from Justin Turner or trade a Joe Kelly for salary relief. Think Price has too much upside to be their dump. My guess. The plus side is they're actually only paying for $15mm of the $31mm this year .... so maybe. 

That said I wouldn't pay him any more than I'd pay Garret Richards or Smyly ... or hell even Cole Hamels. I think I'd rather even have Hamels. So I'd roll the dice on Price ... for about $6-8mm. Just don't see the Dodgers taking that bath. They sit at $239mm w $11mm before they get dinged. Think you're more likely to see Turner sign a creative contract iwth deferrals or Joe Kelly be traded then Price being given away. 

9 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

They could be. The 2020 White Sox in a 60 game season, used 9 starters. They are going to have to have some depth especially since every pitcher is increasing his work load.

Nobody seems to know this. We could use a couple of vet arms. What a surprise. 

7 hours ago, roto said:

Right or wrong I think the Sox are committed to going to ST with their current roster.  I have noted however that they have not announced their non-roster invitees and maybe that's where they are currently shopping.  Here's my theory: the Sox know they are going to need more arms, especially multi-inning arms, to get through the early part of 2021 yet they don't want to block their young guys.  There's still some pitchers available that might soon sign for a minors contract.  I like Peacock, McHugh, and Leake for this excercise.  Pitchers and Catchers report in 8 days.  What say you?

Also for those not trusting Eaton's health holding up, what would be the harm in signing Mazara to a minors deal?

Peacock & McHugh both make a lot of sense if healthy.

19 hours ago, roto said:

Leake is definitely worth a look.

On 2/7/2021 at 10:51 PM, pcq said:

Sounds like Shields II. Jerry is cheap because one Covid and two because Sox fans don't support their team sufficiently. His way of jabbing back over the cost of business. Otherwise he doesn't give a hoot. 

It's Reinsdorf's responsibility to field a team worthy of support

You needn"t look any further than 1901 W. Madison to see the contempt Native New Yorker Reinsdorf has for the Chicago fanbase. 

Stellar attendance despite 21 years since their last Finals appearance.

What's his excuse ?.

That 50 cents BS doesn't play too well  on West Madison.

Why is his basketball team consistently in top third in attendance and in the bottom third in payroll ?

P.T.Barnum 2.0.

Edited by GradMc

2 minutes ago, GradMc said:

It's Reinsdorf's responsibility to field a team worthy of support

You needn"t look any further than 1901 W. Madison to see the contempt Native New Yorker Reinsdorf has for the Chicago fanbase. 

Stellar attendance despite 21 years since their last Finals appearance.

What's his excuse ?.

That 50 cents BS doesn't play too well  on West Madison.

Why is his basketball team consistently in top third in attendance and in the bottom third in payroll ?

P.T.Barnum 2.0.

It cracks me up when people have a point of view like this, yet spend hour after hour invested in these teams.  If you really feel this way, why are you letting the man continue to violate you?  Man up and walk away.  Quit letting Jerry Reinsdorf live in your head rent free.

• Thanks 1