NFL 2021 offseason thread

I've come to the point where I'd be satisfied with Mond in 3 or Trask in 4.

I just don't want Bateman #1 and I don't want to give up picks in the second or third to move up to the top 10 on a guy that would have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder a few months back.

Teven Jenkins is the perfect round 1 fit.

Eric Stokes 2nd, Amon Ra St Brown or Kellen Mond 3rd.

4 minutes ago, knightni said:

I just don't want Bateman #1 and I don't want to give up picks in the second or third to move up to the top 10 on a guy that would have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder a few months back.

Who is that? Just Jones? I would be thrilled walking away with Lance or Fields and I don't think there is a real argument either would be a 2nd or 3rd rounder a few months back. 

I'd also be happy in the scenario jones falls and we can get him for a single pick. I know I'm in minority there but I always thought the level of talent around him critique was not helpful. Bears would definitely be committed to non-mobile QBs at that point, with Dalton, Foles and Jones, but maybe that's good to have a clear future on what's needed to build around.

7 minutes ago, knightni said:

I agree or they can just draft a top QB in the draft next year.

Just now, bmags said:

Who is that? Just Jones? I would be thrilled walking away with Lance or Fields and I don't think there is a real argument either would be a 2nd or 3rd rounder a few months back. 

I'd also be happy in the scenario jones falls and we can get him for a single pick. I know I'm in minority there but I always thought the level of talent around him critique was not helpful. Bears would definitely be committed to non-mobile QBs at that point, with Dalton, Foles and Jones, but maybe that's good to have a clear future on what's needed to build around.

Is Feleipe Franks worth a late look?

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I agree or they can just draft a top QB in the draft next year.

The roster this off season is going to have a lot of turnover.

I'm not sure that there are any 2022 QBs as good at the top 5 guys this year, though.

• Like 1

Just now, knightni said:

Is Feleipe Franks worth a late look?

I'm just going to speak as a mizzou fan: it's always hard to give an endorsement of QBs who don't tear up Mizzou or feel like monsters who can't be stopped. Even though Trask it never felt like "holy crap Kyle Trask" as much as their crazy skill positions. And just watching SEC it was never that scary like "oh no we're facing Mond or Franks". Feels a lot like Josh Dobbs to me. No doubt great college qbs. But I thought Arkansas looked better offensively without franks  :glare:

But I never thought Gabbert or Lock would be that great though I rooted for them.

Everything looked easy to Jones, that final score was way closer, and Jones sat out the fourth. Trask had a great statline, but toney and pitts just ran through our defenders and his two years vs us they made him work a decent amount.

Like Kyle Allen always seemed like a bigger star than Mond. 

This is probably dumb college fan stuff, but after the trubisky experience plus seeing both mizzou QBs fail and like Josh Freeman fail after never seeing him dominate mizzou, it's like a small heuristic I can't let go of.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fully agree with this take.  Really worried Pace burns a 2nd rounder on a guy like Mond.  Either swing for the fences with Fields / Lance or load up on OT / WR / CB talent with your first three picks.  Hopefully they go with the former and are still able to land help at two of those other three spots in the 2nd or 3rd.

I agree with it too, I would prefer that they don't take a QB at all, because I'm not a fan of Jones and he's probably the only guy that would fall anywhere close to the Bears. 

I don't want them to waste a 2nd/3rd on a QB either. 

Just pick good players in the top 3 rounds and pick Newman or Franks in the 5th round, if you have to placate the fanbase. 

Smart football people realize that the Bears shouldn't draft a QB this year. 

If they're going to take a QB, the earliest I'd do it is in the 3rd round and if none of Trask/Mond/Mills are available, then just pass on QB this year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, knightni said:

I don't think they'll last that long.

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I don't think they'll last that long.

I don't either, which is why I'm against the Bears drafting a QB this year.

QBs are always overdrafted, and I think that all of Mond/Trask/Mills will be gone by the Bears 3rd rounder. If they want one, they'll have to grab one in the 2nd, and I'm against that. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm just going to speak as a mizzou fan: it's always hard to give an endorsement of QBs who don't tear up Mizzou or feel like monsters who can't be stopped. Even though Trask it never felt like "holy crap Kyle Trask" as much as their crazy skill positions. And just watching SEC it was never that scary like "oh no we're facing Mond or Franks". Feels a lot like Josh Dobbs to me. No doubt great college qbs. But I thought Arkansas looked better offensively without franks  :glare:

But I never thought Gabbert or Lock would be that great though I rooted for them.

Everything looked easy to Jones, that final score was way closer, and Jones sat out the fourth. Trask had a great statline, but toney and pitts just ran through our defenders and his two years vs us they made him work a decent amount.

Like Kyle Allen always seemed like a bigger star than Mond. 

This is probably dumb college fan stuff, but after the trubisky experience plus seeing both mizzou QBs fail and like Josh Freeman fail after never seeing him dominate mizzou, it's like a small heuristic I can't let go of.

I had that opinion about QBs that tore up Notre Dame.

Drew Brees

Phillip Rivers

Trevor Lawrence

Mac Brown

JaMarcus Russell

Troy Smith

AJ McCarron

Denard Robinson

It's a mixed bag in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I would agree. My philosophy is the old school of build inside out. A good QB can only do so much when he is on the ground.

1 minute ago, knightni said:

I had that opinion about QBs that tore up Notre Dame.

Drew Brees

Phillip Rivers

Trevor Lawrence

Mac Brown

JaMarcus Russell

Troy Smith

AJ McCarron

Denard Robinson

It's a mixed bag in the NFL.

Yep, but at least Notre Dame had some legit defenses. And I guess I'd say how many QBs looked not notable vs. Notre Dame then kept their first round pick status and panned out? That's part of it too.

Indiana and Northwestern's defenses were pretty cool and complex this year, so I think that's great experience for fields. If you couldn't beat Mizzou's defense that was fine, then I don't think that much of you.

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

QBs are always overdrafted, and I think that all of Mond/Trask/Mills will be gone by the Bears 3rd rounder. If they want one, they'll have to grab one in the 2nd, and I'm against that

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Haha 1