NFL 2021 offseason thread

1 minute ago, GoSox05 said:

If it happens, its going to be around the first ten or so picks tonight.  I don't think they would trade him after for picks that are probably going to be a lot lower going forward. 

For sure, or even post-draft.

But boy it sure has escalated from Rodgers is unhappy, to rappaport saying it was just contract drama, to then it being a whole bunch of people clearly from rodgers side being like no I thought I was being traded get me out.

But the lesson of the offseason so far has just been if the teams don't want to trade, just hold on, it eventually gets tenable.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

For sure, or even post-draft.

But boy it sure has escalated from Rodgers is unhappy, to rappaport saying it was just contract drama, to then it being a whole bunch of people clearly from rodgers side being like no I thought I was being traded get me out.

But the lesson of the offseason so far has just been if the teams don't want to trade, just hold on, it eventually gets tenable.

Definitely shocking to hear, but I can't figure out if this is a push for another year on the contract or something more serious, like get me out of here.

The other thing is like, if its not to the 49ers and it cant be, Rodgers is taking a risk going to probably a less talented team and in Mahomes division maybe.

1 minute ago, GoSox05 said:

Definitely shocking to hear, but I can't figure out if this is a push for another year on the contract or something more serious, like get me out of here.

The other thing is like, if its not to the 49ers and it cant be, Rodgers is taking a risk going to probably a less talented team and in Mahomes division maybe.

For Rodgers, San Fran is clearly best, and they'll have a decent package only pre-draft.

For Packers, I feel like Denver would definitely be one of the more attractive packages in getting him out of NFC, getting top 10 pick and the potential they still aren't that good for the next (realistically) 2 years of picks.

But I think every nfl fan has to feel like he just ends up in NE because that's just how stuff works for them.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

For Rodgers, San Fran is clearly best, and they'll have a decent package only pre-draft.

For Packers, I feel like Denver would definitely be one of the more attractive packages in getting him out of NFC, getting top 10 pick and the potential they still aren't that good for the next (realistically) 2 years of picks.

But I think every nfl fan has to feel like he just ends up in NE because that's just how stuff works for them.

NE is one team that has the picks. 

I always thought next year would be Rodgers last, they have to rework the roster after that anyway, so might as well give it one more shot and then call it.

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

I’m not setting my expectations high for tonight. I expect them to strike out on a deal to move up and just stay at number 20. I can see them drafting Mond in the second round. 

If they get him and an O-line in round 1 that would be a really good start.