NFL 2021 offseason thread

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Lol, all you talked about was how you knew the bears would take jones since you hate him, they take field and you adjust to same bullshit. Those are two great defenses and Indiana does a lot of difficult coverages, show me when Lance or Wilson saw those.

Fields hurt his ribs against NU and was without Olave. They also ran for almost 400 yards so there was no reason to expose Fields to further injury when they were worried about the playoffs.

Some people are going to hate no matter what. You can never guarantee anything, but no one is walking away saying that a team is stupid for picking Fields. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The only QB I would have been happy with out of this draft is Lawrence, and that wasn't happening. 

If the Bears stayed at 20 and got Fields I'd have been ok with that. 

I can't help but think they just traded a top 5 pick next year for a guy that probably sucks. 

They just made the Trubisky mistake twice. 

Trubisky? Just quit posting in this thread. This is the exact opposite of Trubisky. Trubisky was a bench guy who only started 1 year for UNC and wasnt even that good. Joe Burrow couldnt beat out Fields and transferred to LSU because he was going to be the back up. That guy was picked #1 overall last year.

Fields beat Lawrence straight up this year. And Lawrence forced everyone to pick him 1 but there is an argument Fields easily was the 2nd best QB prospect,  you are talking about a player who delivered at an elite level and is deserving of being selected this high. If anything Wilson and Lance are the shiny new Trubiskys and Fields is Watson. 

Edited by Soxbadger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Trubisky? Just quit posting in this thread. This is the exact opposite of Trubisky. Trubisky was a bench guy who only started 1 year for UNC and wasnt even that good. Joe Burrow couldnt beat out Fields and transferred to LSU because he was going to be the back up. That guy was picked #1 overall last year.

Fields beat Lawrence straight up this year. And Lawrence forced everyone to pick him 1 but there is an argument Fields easily was the 2nd best QB prospect,  you are talking about a player who delivered at an elite level and is deserving of being selected this high. If anything Wilson and Lance are the shiny new Trubiskys and Fields is Watson. 

lol. 

One of the things I never want to hear about a QB is "struggles to go through progressions and read defenses" which is Fields biggest knock. That's where the Trubisky comparison comes in. 

1 minute ago, StrangeSox said:

This is the only thing I don't like about this move, but hey if they make it work great!

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good, and a franchises future can change easily on a break. Pace has basically done nothing right and lucked into a pick that could amazing. Sure Fields can flame out, but this was the right decision every time. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

lol. 

One of the things I never want to hear about a QB is "struggles to go through progressions and read defenses" which is Fields biggest knock. That's where the Trubisky comparison comes in. 

Do you actually watch these players or do you just listen to people on tv tell you things that dont even make sense? 

That is the most vanilla thing any person could ever say about a college level QB.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good, and a franchises future can change easily on a break. Pace has basically done nothing right and lucked into a pick that could amazing. Sure Fields can flame out, but this was the right decision every time. 

Oh absolutely agreed. Pace made the right move here.

5 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Do you actually watch these players or do you just listen to people on tv tell you things that dont even make sense? 

That is the most vanilla thing any person could ever say about a college level QB.   

Yes. I saw the highs(Clemson game) and the lows (Northwestern and Indiana) 

Not only did I see a guy who was late with his throws, but the dude is inaccurate. 

After watching the Northwestern game I didn't think he was a 1st round pick. 

What he did against Clemson didn't change my mind. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Not only did I see a guy who was late with his throws, but the dude is inaccurate. 

What he did against Clemson didn't change my mind. 

Lol

• Like 2

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Not a 1st round pick? There was a better chance that I was picked in the 1st round than Fields wouldnt be.

Seriously if you cant legitimately talk about the sport, dont bother getting upset and just enjoy watching. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The only QB I would have been happy with out of this draft is Lawrence, and that wasn't happening. 

If the Bears stayed at 20 and got Fields I'd have been ok with that. 

I can't help but think they just traded a top 5 pick next year for a guy that probably sucks. 

They just made the Trubisky mistake twice. 

Get A grip guy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Madrigal Mystery Tour said:

Jack still thinks the White Sox should have kept Chris Sale. He thinks the rebuild was a mistake.

Incorrect. I was the one of the biggest rebuild proponents. 

I do not think that nor did I ever. In fact, I think they didn't rebuild quickly enough. 

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

@Jack Parkman - How do you ever expect to get a franchise QB if you only like the 1-1 in one of the deepest QB starts in recent memory?

I tend to grade QBs very harshly. 

I wouldn't have taken Burrow or Herbert top 10 last year either. 

If you're not a Peyton Manning/Luck/Lawrence type prospect, slam dunk, no brainer at 1-1 I wouldn't take them top 10. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Is he a QB that plays for the Bears? 

He sucks. It's just a fact of life, like death, taxes, etc. 

Then by your own reasoning if the Bears got Lawrence he would suck. 

All you can do is make good decisions and see what happens. No one who legitimately follows football is going to have a major problem with this pick. Fields could have easily gone #2 and people could have defended it.

Edited by Soxbadger