NFL 2021 offseason thread

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What do we have left in term of picks?

I think they have 151(5th) ,204/ 208, 221 and 228 (6th) left. 

It is unclear if they traded 204 or 208 to move up for 39, because I thought they traded 206(that's what was announced on NFLN) but they never had that pick

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think they have 151(5th) ,204/ 208, 221 and 228 (6th) left. 

It is unclear if they traded 204 or 208 to move up for 39, because I thought they traded 206(that's what was announced on NFLN) but they never had that pick

CBS says they traded the 204 pick

Just now, SoxAce said:

I'm still high on Cole Kmet personally. 

Me too. Montgomery shined late last year too and obviously Mooney and Cohen should be a better fit now when he gets back cause the last time he played a full season bears had no te and no wideout but Robinson.

I think the bears line and skill position players are actually underrated at this point. I think arrow largely pointing up - but I am a huge Mooney fan. I will note I would have loved one more wideout - but at this point - as much as I can’t stand Miller - if you can’t get a fourth for him just roll with him and see if it works better with Fields/Dalton. 

Dream scenario...

Post june 1st if they cut Leno, Graham, and Miller, then trade Foles, they would free up around 20M in cap space. Robinson likes the pick of Fields and signs an extension that is structured to free up some cap.....Then the Bears sign Eric Fisher.

Fisher-Daniels-Mustipher-Whitehair-Jenkins with Fields behind them could be really sexy. Love the RB room the Bears have with Montgomery, Cohen, and Williams. I hope Cohen sees a lot of time in the slot where I absolutely think he can make an impact. Then you hope Mooney and Kmet take steps up in year 2 and that offense could be a lot of fun. 

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

Dream scenario...

Post june 1st if they cut Leno, Graham, and Miller, then trade Foles, they would free up around 20M in cap space. Robinson likes the pick of Fields and signs an extension that is structured to free up some cap.....Then the Bears sign Eric Fisher.

Fisher-Daniels-Mustipher-Whitehair-Jenkins with Fields behind them could be really sexy. Love the RB room the Bears have with Montgomery, Cohen, and Williams. I hope Cohen sees a lot of time in the slot where I absolutely think he can make an impact. Then you hope Mooney and Kmet take steps up in year 2 and that offense could be a lot of fun. 

Isnt he out until like December?

Just now, bmags said:

Isnt he out until like December?

It seems like lineman can recover quickly. Heres a tidbit that brings some optimism...

"Fisher is a tough player to slot, given that he’ll be spending his offseason rehabbing after suffering a torn Achilles in January. As a point of reference, Eagles guard Brandon Brooks tore his Achilles in January of 2019 and started all 16 games the next season. So Fisher being healthy by Week 1 of 2021 is not out of the question. He has 113 career starts and is a two-time Pro Bowler. Demand outweighs supply at left tackle, meaning Fisher should still have a strong market, despite the injury."

even if he misses the first 5 or 6 weeks the juice may be worth the squeeze.

2 minutes ago, scs787 said:

It seems like lineman can recover quickly. Heres a tidbit that brings some optimism...

"Fisher is a tough player to slot, given that he’ll be spending his offseason rehabbing after suffering a torn Achilles in January. As a point of reference, Eagles guard Brandon Brooks tore his Achilles in January of 2019 and started all 16 games the next season. So Fisher being healthy by Week 1 of 2021 is not out of the question. He has 113 career starts and is a two-time Pro Bowler. Demand outweighs supply at left tackle, meaning Fisher should still have a strong market, despite the injury."

even if he misses the first 5 or 6 weeks the juice may be worth the squeeze.

Wow that’s crazy considering their weight.

Just now, bmags said:

Wow that’s crazy considering their weight.

The only problem is what if he's not available week 1 and you've cut Leno...who do you put at LT.

Russell Okung is out there and could come cheap but he's been injury prone as well. Might be worth a shot though as he should come cheap on a 1 year deal. 

9 minutes ago, scs787 said:

The only problem is what if he's not available week 1 and you've cut Leno...who do you put at LT.

Russell Okung is out there and could come cheap but he's been injury prone as well. Might be worth a shot though as he should come cheap on a 1 year deal. 

Well you could try Jenkins at LT and ifedi at RT where I thought he was actually avg.

Like the picks so far but the constant trading up to get their guy just proves that they don’t even trust their own scouting. They have eyes on one guy rather than multiple and so when they miss, it hurts bad because of their lack of depth. I fully expect another letdown of a season, I can’t drink the kool-aid anymore. 

54 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Like the picks so far but the constant trading up to get their guy just proves that they don’t even trust their own scouting. They have eyes on one guy rather than multiple and so when they miss, it hurts bad because of their lack of depth. I fully expect another letdown of a season, I can’t drink the kool-aid anymore. 

Couldn’t you say it is the opposite - they trust their scouting so much when they see a guy out there that they have good value on - they show their conviction and get him. 

Hmm, really would have preferred a multitude of other guys:

Sage Surratt WR

Jamar Johnson S

Hamsah Nsairildean S

Daviyon Nix DL

Ardarius Washington S

Seth Williams WR

Those are some great values right now, didn't think we'd go guard in round 5.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Couldn’t you say it is the opposite - they trust their scouting so much when they see a guy out there that they have good value on - they show their conviction and get him. 

I guess.  Jackson worked (although he sucked last year). Mitch, Miller, Floyd did not.  Big misses considering the importance and round those picks were made in. 

Their conviction sucks and the team is not as good as it could be because of all of the failed draft trades.  They had to do it but If Fields doesn’t pan out, it will be another devastating blow to their future. 

Edited by Chi Town Sox

4 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

I guess.  Jackson worked (although he sucked last year). Mitch, Miller, Floyd did not.  Big misses considering the importance and round those picks were made in. 

Their conviction sucks and the team is not as good as it could be because of all of the failed draft trades.  They had to do it but If Fields doesn’t pan out, it will be another devastating blow to their future. 

If Fields works out, it's much easier to surround talent for him.  If he doesn't, well the rebuild was inevitable without a QB anyways.