NFL 2021 offseason thread

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Really hope Bears sign Morgan Moses.

Seems like a solid move. Can never have too many Oline man and he might end up having a couple quality years left. At very least depth if young players don’t pan out like we hope. 

I really like the fact that in 2-3 years time bears cap are going to be in a great spot and hopefully we are talking about Fields being a bonafie top flight qb and the team is going to have a ton of cap space plus it’s assets etc. 

Obviously they could be in a better position but I like how things are shaking out for Fields - including the young speedster Mooney, solid and complete back in Montgomery and a young te with some upside plus having some young oline prospects with upside. 

I've never had an issue getting to and from SF and I come from NWI ( @WhiteSoxFan1993) so I'd honestly hate this move, but I get the lure of a giant stadium. My only wish is if the McCaskey's don't sell that it's still outdoors. NYC has all kinds of events and they're outdoors still.

If this happens though and they win the bidding, sell the team to Bezos prior to 2033 so he can make the first $10B stadium. :)

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

I've never had an issue getting to and from SF and I come from NWI ( @WhiteSoxFan1993) so I'd honestly hate this move, but I get the lure of a giant stadium. My only wish is if the McCaskey's don't sell that it's still outdoors. NYC has all kinds of events and they're outdoors still.

If this happens though and they win the bidding, sell the team to Bezos prior to 2033 so he can make the first $10B stadium. :)

If they're going to build it, it needs to have a retractable roof so they can get a Super Bowl and Final Four, among other things.

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

New York's winter weather is much more mild than Chicago's. 

2 minutes ago, knightni said:

New York's winter weather is much more mild than Chicago's. 

Again I understand from a business standpoint why it WILL have a roof. I'm just saying from a fan standpoint the cold has always been a part of the organization and I enjoy watching teams like Minnesota and Detroit come here in the cold. 

17 hours ago, Tony said:

Man I really hope this happens. Build a place they can host a SB, concerts, etc. 

I agree. I don’t understand the people that act like soldier field is “in the city”. He experience between the baseball stadiums and United center…and soldier field is vast. 

And honestly that’s fine. Football being 8 weekends a month make it a day event that’s not integrated into our daily lives like going to a game post work and grabbing a beer before.

But everything with soldier field is half measure. It’s in the city, but it’s not a city stadium. It’s got great park space around it, but you can’t use it for tailgating. It has a nice interior, but a hideous exterior. It’s crowdflow is also horrendous. It has picturesque views…but only if you are in a helicopter.

Just go full bore. That stadium is a fine exhibition stadium and concert venue. Horrendous football experience.

The Bears are very cheap.  They are not spending money on a new stadium anywhere and public funding for stadiums is not a thing any longer. 

Now if they are selling and a new group takes over that is possible.  

The Bears are playing where it is cheapest to play. Ted Phillips is not leading a charge to buy land and build something. Some other group may build it and give the Bears a sweet deal. 

9 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

The Bears are very cheap.  They are not spending money on a new stadium anywhere and public funding for stadiums is not a thing any longer. 

The Bears are playing where it is cheapest to play. Ted Phillips is not leading a charge to buy land and build something. Some other group may build it and give the Bears a sweet deal. 

I don't want to rush to defend the Bears, but they just spent over 100 million to renovate Hallas Hall in 2019. That's a lot different than the billions a new stadium would cost, but not sure I would consider them "very cheap"...

On 6/19/2021 at 7:35 AM, Harry Chappas said:

A new 80k+ seat stadium with a retractable roof undoubtedly brings at least one Super Bowl and multiple Final Fours, perhaps a college bowl game, and lots of other opportunities. If the Bears decide to go the private ownership route, there will be plenty of opportunity to get a return on their investment.

If there is enough space for a retail/dining district after you have the stadium and parking, there's another way to make money.

2 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

A new 80k+ seat stadium with a retractable roof undoubtedly brings at least one Super Bowl and multiple Final Fours, perhaps a college bowl game, and lots of other opportunities. If the Bears decide to go the private ownership route, there will be plenty of opportunity to get a return on their investment.

If there is enough space for a retail/dining district after you have the stadium and parking, there's another way to make money.

If the McCaskey's are thinking really long term, this stadium is 100% the way to maximize the frachise value over time.  They can probably figure out a way to get help paying for it too.