NFL 2021 offseason thread

16 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Rodgers about to agree on a new contract. Curious to see what the terms are for next year (i.e., how easily can Rodgers get out and leave - since it seems like this is all setting it up to be his last rodeo in GB).  

The last year is going to be voided and he is gonna walk.  Packers are just going to let him go

sure seems like they should have just traded him to denver pre-draft

edit: I was wrong, I thought 2022 was voided. Packers somehow ended up in way better shape and with the qb. That's...that's great. I love how the football gods just always spread the wealth.

32 minutes ago, bmags said:

edit: I was wrong, I thought 2022 was voided. Packers somehow ended up in way better shape and with the qb. That's...that's great. I love how the football gods just always spread the wealth.

Yeah - seems pretty good for packer. Get on more year and try to rekindle things over that year. If not - you got that year and now you trade him for max value. 

13 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

that's better than I thought, thought it would be intra-round.

It definitely sounded like bears staff just hated miller. Poor scouting there for sure. But I was hoping he'd turn it around this year.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

They could hit big on all this.  Love is really good, you get an absolute ton for Rodgers and now you signed Adams and have money for anyone. 

This all depends on Love being good. 

They also look like idiots if Rodgers ends up being good until like 45, because then you scouted poorly.

All of this looks so much better then it did about 48 hours ago lol.

4 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

Foles can be had for a couple 1st rounders Mr.Ballard, strike while the iron is hot!

Edit:oof!

That's being specific.  There are roughly 30 bones in the foot (if you include tiny ones) and untold number of ligaments which are connected to said bones. 

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

Foles talkinga bout trade is making me too optimistic that he could actually be traded and I don't want to get my hopes up.

I think that man is a sunk cost until he is able to be cut.  

50 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think that man is a sunk cost until he is able to be cut.  

They won't cut him - unless they are trying to do a solid. With the injuries that will likely happen - Foles is going to get value and just watch the Bears get like a 5th for him.  There isn't really any reason to cut him at this point (unless you just think you need to do him that solid).  

41 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

They won't cut him - unless they are trying to do a solid. With the injuries that will likely happen - Foles is going to get value and just watch the Bears get like a 5th for him.  There isn't really any reason to cut him at this point (unless you just think you need to do him that solid).  

Yeah I sort of agree. This year he can't be cut, and the biggest thing to swallow his neding to have 3 QBs on a 53 man, really sucks. But next year, he would just be a #2 with Dalton gone, and we'd go to having a very cheap QB portion of roster for once.

But trading him would be ideal, and maybe just maybe we could use that extra space for a Russell Okung.

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Its a staring contest.  Foles wants to be released and get another payday.  The Bears want a pick. 

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Its a staring contest.  Foles wants to be released and get another payday.  The Bears want a pick. 

IT sounds like the opposite - Foles isn't looking to get cut. He will either stay in Chicago as 3rd stringer or go to a preferred place that he is comfortable at. He wants to control where his next destination is and the Bears seem to be working with him on that. IF he wants to get cut - he would have made a big stink nad not been the teammate he has been. They will move him - via trade sometime during training camp as teams look to find depth. If not - he will stay with the Bears.