NFL 2021 offseason thread

I feel so far behind on these rumors. I thought I was like super confident a week ago and that hasn't changed but to me super confident is like bears 40% to get him, 40% he stays, 20% the field, but I think I'm gathering that to other people they are like 100% bears get wilson or we like, riot and burn down stuff.

4 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Those 3 guys were all drafted in the top 10. You’d hope the 3 first you’re trading this year is the 20th pick, and 2 picks in the next 2 drafts in the 20-25 range. I’d do that in a heart beat if that’s all it takes.

Yeah - that even more further weights the favor - I was more just trying to think of what in Bears players names would this look like - which I kind of go back to - on paper it sounds awful - but when you think of the players and than weight it with the value of a Wilson - it sounds a lot less awful to me.  

4 hours ago, bmags said:

I feel so far behind on these rumors. I thought I was like super confident a week ago and that hasn't changed but to me super confident is like bears 40% to get him, 40% he stays, 20% the field, but I think I'm gathering that to other people they are like 100% bears get wilson or we like, riot and burn down stuff.

Its crazy to be at that point - cause I still think the Seahawks have real big reasons for why they wouldn't make a move now and would instead wait.  

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

If the Bears give up the farm, get Wilson, and still suck, who cares? At least they will suck with a good QB for once.

I saw a good article out there that the Bears could get all the way down to $60M under the cap relatively easily (pre Wilson) and than from there you add Wilson and restructure and you could actually have a TON of cap space. They have a lot more flexibility in terms of resttructuring and kicking bonuses out...and before people go...well you'll have to pay for that later...sure you will...but the cap will also jump so if there was ever a year to create capacity this would be a great year - cause there will likely be a much deeper pool of available players to sign (+) and with the smaller pool of teams with cap space - we'll likely see a more favorable buyers market (+).  

Things are not near as dire as people make-up in terms of Pace's inability to make moves.  Like the Bears could legitimately be in a positino where they have Wilson + $30M of cap space (if not $40M).  

21 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Opinion: IF Wilson, Watson or both get traded, which I think is a non zero chance(less than 0.01% but not zero either) then it will happen between June 1 and the start of the season.  

Dude what?

25 minutes ago, bmags said:

Dude what?

Non-zero basically means less than 1% but not zero either. 

I don't think that either guy gets traded until they fail to report to training camp or something like that, in the unlikely event that either guy actually does get traded. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Non-zero basically means less than 1% but not zero either. 

I don't think that either guy gets traded until they fail to report to training camp or something like that, in the unlikely event that either guy actually does get traded. 

With Watson I think you’re exactly right. The same things that made Watson say I’m done will make the org say “no you’re not you’ll play and like it” until he really sits out the full year.

With Wilson it seems more amicable. Even if Wilson is driving things, I haven’t seen the anger and defiance coming from the org that I have with Houston.

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

With Watson I think you’re exactly right. The same things that made Watson say I’m done will make the org say “no you’re not you’ll play and like it” until he really sits out the full year.

With Wilson it seems more amicable. Even if Wilson is driving things, I haven’t seen the anger and defiance coming from the org that I have with Houston.

I think the Texans will dare Watson to go play in the CFL before trading him. 

Houston is going to tell Watson to go fuck off until he's ready to play for them. Watson is under contract for 5 seasons and the Texans are under no obligation to ever trade him.. 

I think the Seahawks and Wilson patch things up. 

My $0.02

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The beauty is - if they wait until June 1 to trade Watson - it works in Bears favor - because at that point - Miami isn't dangling a top 5 pick. Everyone's picks look a heck of a lot more comparable in the packages.  With Wilson - I think the same might be there - but if I'm Seattle - I want to make my moves now, not wait a year - so why wait if you are going to move - even if it means taking the cap hit on Wilson - you are at least starting your "swings".  

By the way - below is the article (no idea if this is accurate) - but Bmags - I think at very least - you'll get goosebumps reading this.  Same with Kyle.  Bear with the links - long story short - the franchise has a heck of a lot of reasonable levers to pull without totally gutting the team while creating a massive amount of cap space.  

https://beargoggleson.com/2021/03/10/chicago-bears-salary-2021-cap-situation-fix/

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

The beauty is - if they wait until June 1 to trade Watson - it works in Bears favor - because at that point - Miami isn't dangling a top 5 pick. Everyone's picks look a heck of a lot more comparable in the packages.  With Wilson - I think the same might be there - but if I'm Seattle - I want to make my moves now, not wait a year - so why wait if you are going to move - even if it means taking the cap hit on Wilson - you are at least starting your "swings".  

Seattle and Houston will try everything they can to repair their relationship with their star QB before even considering trading them. 

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Houston being publicly defiant is I’m sure going to do wonders.

This is the same ownership group that made racist comments in reference to players having any sort of agency other than what is collectively bargained. 

They will continue to be publicly defiant. Like I said, they'll dare him to go play in Canada rather than trade him just to prove a point. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Seattle and Houston will try everything they can to repair their relationship with their star QB before even considering trading them. 

I don’t get the sense Seattle is going down that path. They seem pretty open to maybe making the move. Feels like Pete carrol might be okay with rolling with another qb. 

With Houston - I say yes, but the real pressure is going to be draft day. That is going to be the best price they ever get - after that his value will decline (at least a bit) - because whatever picks you acquire will have less certainty. 

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

By the way - below is the article (no idea if this is accurate) - but Bmags - I think at very least - you'll get goosebumps reading this.  Same with Kyle.  Bear with the links - long story short - the franchise has a heck of a lot of reasonable levers to pull without totally gutting the team while creating a massive amount of cap space.  

https://beargoggleson.com/2021/03/10/chicago-bears-salary-2021-cap-situation-fix/

Yeah I’ve felt like this has been a possibility just playing around with spotrac.

Which, spotrac is incredibly fun with its team management resources. Amazing stuff like that is just out there for use for free to make sense of something so dense like the nfl salary cap.

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah I’ve felt like this has been a possibility just playing around with spotrac.

Which, spotrac is incredibly fun with its team management resources. Amazing stuff like that is just out there for use for free to make sense of something so dense like the nfl salary cap.

Who's to say that Fuller and Hicks want to re-sign, for example? 

53 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Who's to say that Fuller and Hicks want to re-sign, for example? 

There is no reason for them not to do these deals. This things are status quo in nfl. They get a few hundred grand to go through exercise and get to play with better players. Literally no downside fo Fuller or Hicks. 

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

dabearsblog expressing opinions on twitter? The worst, why do I follow this guy.

dabearsblog sharing info on twitter? Greatest twitterer.

Reporting live from under my covers, because there is a monster under the bed 

35 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Feels like this is going to happen.  And if it does, it’s going to be as exciting as fuck to finally have a real QB in Chicago.

Give me every puff piece about Russ and his wife and life and everything he does.  Inject every fake and made up "chip on my shoulder" declaration straight into my veins.  I want every one of Jack's 1-15 predictions 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Give me every puff piece about Russ and his wife and life and everything he does.  Inject every fake and made up "chip on my shoulder" declaration straight into my veins.  I want every one of Jack's 1-15 predictions 

Yeah, I can live with all the lameness that embodies Russell Wilson if it means high end QB for the first time of my life!