NFL 2021 offseason thread

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If the Bears don’t find a way to trade up in the draft for a QB, which is admittedly looking harder by the second, then it might be two years before we find a possible long-term option.  Next year’s team shouldn’t be good, but will they be bad enough for a top 5 selection?  I really doubt it.  And assuming the 2022 class isn’t nearly as deep, it should be much harder to move up if there are only a couple high end options.  Point is, keeping Pace & Nagy around is simply delaying the need to tank for a high end QB prospect and we’re going to be stuck in purgatory until that happens.  I know many here don’t want them taking a shot at another QB prospect, but IMO we’re just spinning in circles until we get that spot fixed once and for all.

Yeah, I saw this happening, too.

Just having Hicks/Goldman, Mack, and Smith on defense, plus A Robinson on the offense are probably enough to keep this team out of the Top 5 picks. That is, if they're all healthy and engaged in playing well. At the same time, I don't want the clowns who spent piles of cash and other assets to get Glennon/Trubisky/Foles/Dalton to ever pick up another QB. I don't want them to squander any more resources in their moronic, quixotic quest for a QB. Because they'll inevitably spend time/money/picks on another piece of crap that'll have to be replaced by the next Front Office and coaching staff.

This is why I thought it best to fire everyone in the FO and coaching staff, trade everything away that wasn't nailed down, and start the inevitable rebuild. Like it or not, its gonna happen. Unfortunately, as you said, this team will be in purgatory for a few years with this [snicker] "brain trust." 

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Video game "Warzone" match reveals possible trade between Steelers and Bears.

they think it's rashad coward but I cannot imagine Steelers trading for him 

Cowards a free agent so maybe just FA chatter

Sam D'Arnold and the Bears might end up not being that bad of a consolation prize.  Don't rush him to start - work with the coaching staff to fix him.  Still kind of makes Dalton not that helpful / useful - but at least you have a guy with potential upside (even though his downside is way worse than Andy Dalton). Lets be clear - Dalton has been 100% worse than Trubisky - but there are reasons why you could explain that too (beyond just his crap play).  

Honestly - get an olineman, wideout and db with the first few picks - get D'Arnold for Foles and a mid round pick - and roll with that.  

7 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Sam D'Arnold and the Bears might end up not being that bad of a consolation prize.  Don't rush him to start - work with the coaching staff to fix him.  Still kind of makes Dalton not that helpful / useful - but at least you have a guy with potential upside (even though his downside is way worse than Andy Dalton). Lets be clear - Dalton has been 100% worse than Trubisky - but there are reasons why you could explain that too (beyond just his crap play).  

Honestly - get an olineman, wideout and db with the first few picks - get D'Arnold for Foles and a mid round pick - and roll with that.  

Yea I'm fine with that last line, my biggest concern at that point is Pace in general as the future GM.  But moves like that should be fine for the future if we do cut bait after another year with him.

12 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Chisoxfn is like "this mf is French, ok"

• Haha 3

Makes you think about cutler when his best OC was Gase (post-Shanny) and Gase was such a bad OC that taking on the QBs that looked horrible under him seems like the moneyball play in the NFL.

The Jets were so bad in every facet last year, but man, how often does it turn out to have just been circumstances around a QB. He really did look like something under Bowles.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Makes you think about cutler when his best OC was Gase (post-Shanny) and Gase was such a bad OC that taking on the QBs that looked horrible under him seems like the moneyball play in the NFL.

The Jets were so bad in every facet last year, but man, how often does it turn out to have just been circumstances around a QB. He really did look like something under Bowles.

I tend to think Sam is a bust - but the Jets were such a mess. You are right - amazing how far Gase has fallen. Big difference in HC and OC though and the lockeroom issues were not good either. 

Now that we are increasing the number of standings-based opponents from 2 to 3, how about this idea:

If a Wild Card reaches the Super Bowl, they take over the 1st place schedule from their division winner. Seems fairer if TB has to play the 1st place schedule instead of NO.

On 3/30/2021 at 3:35 PM, justBLAZE said:

Bears @ Las Vegas?

INJECT IT INTO MY VEINS BRUH

I’m a diehard Bears fan who bought Raiders season tickets as an investment and loves any reason to go to Las Vegas, so this is my absolute dream come true.  Unfortunately, week 17 is the same weekend as my son’s birthday so no idea if / how I can pull it off...FML.

6 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m a diehard Bears fan who bought Raiders season tickets as an investment and loves any reason to go to Las Vegas, so this is my absolute dream come true.  Unfortunately, week 17 is the same weekend as my son’s birthday so no idea if / how I can pull it off...FML.

I don't think the extra game is automatically going to be Week 18.