NFL 2021 offseason thread

It really blows my mind how there are still so many people there are who don't understand Foles is actually really bad. They will just say "he won a Super Bowl" like that means anything at all in terms of right now. Might as well bring up that Chip Kelly season too.

3 hours ago, lostfan said:

It really blows my mind how there are still so many people there are who don't understand Foles is actually really bad. They will just say "he won a Super Bowl" like that means anything at all in terms of right now. Might as well bring up that Chip Kelly season too.

Foles is a real bad starter - but as a backup - he is 100 percent okay. In fact, I would say he is a top quartile backup qb. He can step in for your above avg qb (who got hurt) and win you  a game or two and keep the team afloat while you wait for the guy to get healthy. 

As a starter - below average, but I think there are teams who may grade him slightly better than that who discount his time with Jags (injured) and Bears (putrid oline, no real offseason) because they think in right system with protection he becomes a serviceable starter. I would say those people are wrong but I also think there are a few teams that might get desperate and convince themselves if injuries happen.

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Foles is a real bad starter - but as a backup - he is 100 percent okay. In fact, I would say he is a top quartile backup qb. He can step in for your above avg qb (who got hurt) and win you  a game or two and keep the team afloat while you wait for the guy to get healthy. 

As a starter - below average, but I think there are teams who may grade him slightly better than that who discount his time with Jags (injured) and Bears (putrid oline, no real offseason) because they think in right system with protection he becomes a serviceable starter. I would say those people are wrong but I also think there are a few teams that might get desperate and convince themselves if injuries happen.

Sure, but ain't no backup worth the $24 million or whatever his salary is right now. I think last year people got all excited about him that they started pretending his career was much better than it was because he's not Trubisky (standard Chicago backup QB syndrome) only for him to end up starting and his extreme limitations became apparent (as in he could read the defense but couldn't evade a free rusher if he had a 15-yard head start)

I just thought about how Pace gave up a 4th round pick to bail Jacksonville out of their obvious mistake and got mad all over again lol.

It's always an eyebrow raiser when a CFO is made President of an organization. Davis promoted CFO Badain to President in 2015. Putting the head accounting exec in charge of strategy for an organization opens the door for fraud. When it's a private company like the Raiders, the risks of carrying that C-suite title is much less. 

Fields has it. Bears signed jason peters so they finally made a move to add some much needed depth at tackle given all the injury issues they have had. He is old and way past his prime, but should be a good vet move for whenever Jenkins can start practicing etc. 

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Nah - I like there plan very much.  

He’s the best QB on the roster. Trotting Dalton out there is a waste of time, give Fields time to get timing and chemistry with 1s and stop delaying the inevitable. At this point I’m hoping someone comes calling for Dalton in a trade

26 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Fields has it. Bears signed jason peters so they finally made a move to add some much needed depth at tackle given all the injury issues they have had. He is old and way past his prime, but should be a good vet move for whenever Jenkins can start practicing etc. 

Not a fan.  Fields quit on his HS team and quit on his college team when he couldn't beat out Fromm (which says a ton).  This smells a lot like Trubisky, who couldn't beat out someone who was a scrub.  It was Fields' first action, so I give a little leeway, but he was beyond terrible against anyone who would play this year.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, champagne030 said:

Not a fan.  Fields quit on his HS team and quit on his college team when he couldn't beat out Fromm (which says a ton).  This smells a lot like Trubisky, who couldn't beat out someone who was a scrub.  It was Fields' first action, so I give a little leeway, but he was beyond terrible against anyone who would play this year.

This is one of the absolute worst takes I've ever seen on this website and that says a lot. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

He’s the best QB on the roster. Trotting Dalton out there is a waste of time, give Fields time to get timing and chemistry with 1s and stop delaying the inevitable. At this point I’m hoping someone comes calling for Dalton in a trade

While he played well, Fields showed his inexperience with going to the check down far too quickly and this is against a team that isn't scheming for him yet. He needs the time to develop some of the decision making. Don't ruin him by throwing him in there and making him just run for his life. That won't develop him as a qb.

I just think it’s really hard to take much away from a QB performance in a preseason game with teams playing vanilla defenses, and many of the guys defending not being regulars, and/or being out of the NFL when games count. That said, Fields did look good.He had a rocky stretch for a little bit but turned it around.

On 8/14/2021 at 3:15 PM, Chisoxfn said:

Man, this reeks of Orlando Pace at the end.  
also that comment about Fields quitting on Georgia is hilarious.  He was the better Qb and he knew it, and he decided to go somewhere else.  College football lol