Bears Draft Needs

knightni

Bears Draft Needs  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the top needs are for the Bears in the upcoming draft? - Choose Up To Six

• Offensive Tackle
    • Offensive Guard
    • Quarterback
    • Safety
    • Edge Lineman
    • Inside Linebacker
    • Cornerback
    • Outside Linebacker
    • Wide Receiver
    • Running Back

I personally think that they could almost draft two tackles in the first two rounds, or a tackle first, and a guard in the second.

Unless Mack Jones falls into their lap in round 2, it makes the most sense.

I can see Davis Mills, Kellen Mond and Kyle Trask available in round 3.

Man that is the most fun simulator I've ever played with. The trades are so addicting.

In my draft, Trey lance was around at 14 (vikes), so I traded to get ahead of the patriots which kinda took a lot (20, current third, future second)

Then I traded out of the back of the 2nd to the front of the third and picked up an extra fourth and next years third.

I picked up the Notre Dame T Liam Eichenberg.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Man that is the most fun simulator I've ever played with. The trades are so addicting.

In my draft, Trey lance was around at 14 (vikes), so I traded to get ahead of the patriots which kinda took a lot (20, current third, future second)

Then I traded out of the back of the 2nd to the front of the third and picked up an extra fourth and next years third.

I picked up the Notre Dame T Liam Eichenberg.

I've played it for the last week.

It's even mobile compatible.

1 minute ago, knightni said:

I've played it for the last week.

It's even mobile compatible.

the accurate computer generated trades were unexpected, make it so much fun especially with a draft trade calculator open to make it realistic. 

Here you guys go:

52. Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame

61. Trey Smith OG Tennessee

97. Kyle Trask QB Florida

108. Rodarius Williams CB Oklahoma State

135. Aaron Banks OG Notre Dame

205. Tariq Thompson S San Diego State

219. Jimmy Morrissey OC Pitt

224. Dez Fitzpatrick WR Louisville

230. Jonathon Cooper EDGE Ohio State

2022 LAC 2nd

2022 LAC 3rd

2022 WAS 3rd

2022 BUF 3rd

2022 LV 4th

2022 ATL 4th

The first sim I only did 1 round and got a better trade at 20 because somehow Waddle was there. But Id say this draft gives the Bears a good foundation for next year when they would have added a bunch of picks. 

• Thanks 1

Tried to do one where I DON'T trade up SMDH and instaed I traded down for 25 and a pick swap for our 3rd rounder (83) for 45.

Ended up with Teven Jenkens, Terrace Marshall, and Chazz Surratt. 

Probably gonna stop for now because I keep just wanting the same guys

Really surprised to see OG 2nd in the voting. Between a returning Daniels, Whitehair, Mustipher, and Barrs, I feel pretty good about the interior. I certainly wouldn't mind adding one on day 3 though. 

OT is the most obvious need if they go the veteran QB route. 

Idk what drop foot is, but if it's something that lingers, I think you gotta upgrade Quinn. "Worst" case scenario, Quinn goes back to himself and you have a situational pass rusher.

I think the rest of the needs are TBD. Who do they have to cut to make room? Is Robinson gone? 

I'm gonna mess with the simulator here in a min. 

I completely forgot about James Daniels so we need tackles not guards or centers.

20. Alijah Vera-Tucker, OT, USC.

52. Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State. (moving on from Kyle Fuller to bring A-Rob back)

83. Walker Little, OT, Stanford.

136. Kyle Trask, QB, Florida. I made a stupid trade with KC offering my current and next round selection and a third round pick in 2022.

205. Trevon Grimes, WR, Florida.

224. Tre Norwood, S, Oklahoma.

230. Rakeem Boyd, RB, Arkansas.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, knightni said:

What are the Bears' biggest draft needs this year?

I love this simulator by the way. Very addicting.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

Good find.  I've used several other simulators, but this one might be my favorite.  Less flexibility in terms of draft boards to choose from, but definitely the most fun and user-friendly in terms of trades.

For everyone who's posted a draft in this thread, I like them all mostly because I keep seeing the same thing (and I did it too in my mock): multiple OL drafted and usually early.

Edited by dasox24

6 hours ago, dasox24 said:

Good find.  I've used several other simulators, but this one might be my favorite.  Less flexibility in terms of draft boards to choose from, but definitely the most fun and user-friendly in terms of trades.

For everyone who's posted a draft in this thread, I like them all mostly because I keep seeing the same thing (and I did it too in my mock): multiple OL drafted and usually early.

There have been drafts where a top LB or CB has fallen - even TE, if it won't let me trade down, I will take them and just get OT with the second pick.

12 minutes ago, knightni said:

There have been drafts where a top LB or CB has fallen - even TE, if it won't let me trade down, I will take them and just get OT with the second pick.

Will be more fun also when we all know a bit more about later round kids. Was such a weird college season, if the kid wasn’t in the conference my team was in it is hard to know them outside first round/second

47 minutes ago, bmags said:

Will be more fun also when we all know a bit more about later round kids. Was such a weird college season, if the kid wasn’t in the conference my team was in it is hard to know them outside first round/second

If Kyle Pitts falls to #20, do you take him?

5 hours ago, knightni said:

If you can't? Do you pass?

I'd probably take him then, yeah. If it was between him and like Darrisaw was still on the board I'd probably take Darrimore but if it's that group of RTs that are probably guards I'd take him.

edit: combined christian darmore and christian darrisaw into a single person.

On 2/10/2021 at 11:59 AM, knightni said:

I love this simulator by the way. Very addicting.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

I've run through this a few times. This is what I think is my best one:

24 Alijah Vera-Tucker, OT

52 Jalen Mayfield, OT

58 Ronnie Perkins, EDGE

131 Osa Odighizuwa, DT

161 Dazz Newsome, WR

205 Israel Mukuamu, CB

242 Ian Book, QB

• Thanks 2

I'm still enjoying this. Prior to our mack trade, it did seem like bears were always one pick past the fulcrum where there were more trades to be had. But this year 20 seems like a realistic position where teams at the top of 2nd and late first tend to jump.

Here is one with lots of trading back.

(32) Jalen Mayfield RT/G UMICH

(62) Landon Dickerson C/G ALa

(64) Eric Stokes CB GA

(83) Tylan Wallace WR OKSt

(101) Dayo Odayingo EDGE Vanderbilt

(140) Adetokunbo Ogundeji DT ND

(205) Jonathan Adams Jr WR Ark St

(219) Sam Ehlinger QB TX

(224) Noah Gray TE Duke

I do kinda like it. Great supporting cast for uh, nick foles.

58 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm still enjoying this. Prior to our mack trade, it did seem like bears were always one pick past the fulcrum where there were more trades to be had. But this year 20 seems like a realistic position where teams at the top of 2nd and late first tend to jump.

Here is one with lots of trading back.

(32) Jalen Mayfield RT/G UMICH

(62) Landon Dickerson C/G ALa

(64) Eric Stokes CB GA

(83) Tylan Wallace WR OKSt

(101) Dayo Odayingo EDGE Vanderbilt

(140) Adetokunbo Ogundeji DT ND

(205) Jonathan Adams Jr WR Ark St

(219) Sam Ehlinger QB TX

(224) Noah Gray TE Duke

I do kinda like it. Great supporting cast for uh, nick foles.

What's truly interesting is, you and I have totally different selections most times.  Outside of Mayfield, I've never drafted any of those other players.