Bears Draft Needs

knightni

Bears Draft Needs  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the top needs are for the Bears in the upcoming draft? - Choose Up To Six

• Offensive Tackle
    • Offensive Guard
    • Quarterback
    • Safety
    • Edge Lineman
    • Inside Linebacker
    • Cornerback
    • Outside Linebacker
    • Wide Receiver
    • Running Back

4 hours ago, bmags said:

I'd probably take him then, yeah. If it was between him and like Darrisaw was still on the board I'd probably take Darrimore but if it's that group of RTs that are probably guards I'd take him.

edit: combined christian darmore and christian darrisaw into a single person.

Darrimore would be a hell of a two-way player.  Saves a roster spot too.  Lol.

8 hours ago, knightni said:

There have been drafts where a top LB or CB has fallen - even TE, if it won't let me trade down, I will take them and just get OT with the second pick.

100%.  There was a time when Surtain was still on the board at #20 and I took him just to see how it played out.  Still ended up with a solid OT in the 2nd.  Definitely speaks to the quality OT depth in this class.  Because it's such a premium position, it wouldn't surprise me if we saw a run on OTs in the real draft.

Edited by dasox24

7 hours ago, knightni said:

If Kyle Pitts falls to #20, do you take him?

Absolutely.  The Bears need OL for sure, but we also need offensive playmakers in the worst way.  If a guy like Pitts miraculously falls to #20, you take him.  He's more of a move/flex TE anyway, so he and Kmet can be on the field in 2 TE sets, or Pitts can even line up at WR in some situations.

14 minutes ago, knightni said:

What's truly interesting is, you and I have totally different selections most times.  Outside of Mayfield, I've never drafted any of those other players.

Well definitely trying to seek out some diff guys each time, esp wr and cb just to get familiar with them. 

25 minutes ago, bmags said:

Well definitely trying to seek out some diff guys each time, esp wr and cb just to get familiar with them. 

Some guys I'm looking at at different levels at WR are Kadarius Toney, Terrace Marshall Jr., Amon-Ra St. Brown, Sage Surratt, Trevon Grimes, and Tamorrion Terry

•  
    OT USC

•  
    OT North Dakota State

•  
    QB Florida

•  
    S Syracuse

•  
    EDGE Penn State

•  
    CB Stanford

•  
    LB Oklahoma State

•  
    WR Wake Forest

•  
    OT Western Michigan

•  
    RB Michigan

•  
    TE SMU

• Like 1

CHI 20. Rashawn Slater OT Northwestern

CHI 61. Rondale Moore WR Purdue trade 

CHI 83. Rashad Weaver EDGE Pitt

CHI 93. Greg Newsome II CB Northwestern trade

CHI 205. Kelvin Joseph CB Kentucky

CHI 219. Greg Eiland OG Mississippi State

CHI 224. Tre Norwood S Oklahoma

CHI 230. Jonathon Cooper EDGE Ohio State

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

On 2/11/2021 at 7:38 AM, knightni said:

If Kyle Pitts falls to #20, do you take him?

He won't get past 10, so yes 100 times out of 100

On 2/10/2021 at 9:38 PM, The Beast said:

I completely forgot about James Daniels so we need tackles not guards or centers.

20. Alijah Vera-Tucker, OT, USC.

52. Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State. (moving on from Kyle Fuller to bring A-Rob back)

83. Walker Little, OT, Stanford.

136. Kyle Trask, QB, Florida. I made a stupid trade with KC offering my current and next round selection and a third round pick in 2022.

205. Trevon Grimes, WR, Florida.

224. Tre Norwood, S, Oklahoma.

230. Rakeem Boyd, RB, Arkansas.

Samuel isn't a replacement for Fuller. Samuel is like 5'9 and is likely a NB. Might as well restructure Fuller and lower the cap hit this year (same goes for Hicks & Mack).

Kyle Trask may not even make it to the Bears 2nd round pick, let alone their 3rd. QBs are always overdrafted. Wouldn't surprise me in the least for a team to trade up into the late 1st to grab Mac Jones and Trask because they want the 5th year option for their QBs. That's always a consideration. 

5 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

He won't get past 10, so yes 100 times out of 100

Samuel isn't a replacement for Fuller. Samuel is like 5'9 and is likely a NB. Might as well restructure Fuller and lower the cap hit this year (same goes for Hicks & Mack).

I was exploring cutting players like Fuller or Hicks and drafting replacements, especially if “everything is on the table.”

4 hours ago, The Beast said:

I was exploring cutting players like Fuller or Hicks and drafting replacements, especially if “everything is on the table.”

Cutting Hicks could definitely be on the table, depending on how much JJ Watt wants to sign for and the emergence of Bilal Nichols. 

They don't have a replacement for Fuller so extending him and spreading the money out is probably the way to go there. 

Idk what to do with Mack's money. He's probably not going anywhere over the life of his contract because he's still good(9 sacks while playing injured all season) so messing with his guaranteed money by kicking the can down the road a few years doesn't hurt you much. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Cutting Hicks could definitely be on the table, depending on how much JJ Watt wants to sign for and the emergence of Bilal Nichols. 

They don't have a replacement for Fuller so extending him and spreading the money out is probably the way to go there. 

Idk what to do with Mack's money. He's probably not going anywhere over the life of his contract because he's still good(9 sacks while playing injured all season) so messing with his guaranteed money by kicking the can down the road a few years doesn't hurt you much. 

It would be really unlikely Watt plays here. 

• 4 weeks later...