Andrew Benintendi traded to the Royals

maxjusttyped

12 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

This trade would be a no brainer for me, but I think Adolofo being out of options kills his trade value.

Adolfo isn't out of options.  He generally would be, but Hahn has said multiple times over the last couple years that the Sox would get a 4th option year on Micker due to all the inuries.  

I don't think the royals will be very good, I think they bought low on benintendi after his bad last year and hope he can bounce back so they can flip him for a better prospect at the deadline.

I think it is a good trade. Lee has some tools but also a massive K problem and not much developed game power so maybe it was time to cash in for him.

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

So they are basically replacing Gordon with Benintendi. Meh I don’t know we’ll see. They had a good offseason but does this really make them competitive in the AL Central this year?

He’s got 2 years of control left, so if they can harness some upside to him, he’s movable for a better return at this years trade deadline or maybe next offseason if the league isn’t shut down. Or, they would have the money to keep him if they wanted now that Gordon’s contract is over.

14 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I haven't seen one post where anyone is sad. Benintendi isn't a failed prospect . He's already accumulated a decent amount of WAR in his short career. But Boston never put him in RF so I would imagine he doesn't have the arm for it.

He did play 200+ games in CF which is a difficult CF due to the angles 

2 hours ago, asindc said:

I wouldn’t want to give up any prospects to get Benintendi, so I prefer Eaton on that basis alone.

White Sox would not have matched up anyway. Boston wanted an MLB ready outfield prospect in return.  If healthy, I think he is a solid addition to Royals since this looks like more of a salary dump by Boston. 

3 hours ago, NCsoxfan said:

It’s just funny to remember how AB was basically untradeable for so many years 

And how paranoid people here were that them being willing to trade Moncada to us but not Beni was a red flag. 

Edited by RagahRagah

27 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Remember how there were many here who wanted him instead of Moncada in the Sale trade?

For what it's worth, it took until page 13 of the Sale / Moncada trade thread until someone expressed that opinion. That person, now thrice-banned poster, said they'd prefer Benintendi because Moncada "strikes out at a horrific rate" and has an "MiLB OPS was about 75 points lower than Adam Eaton."

Good thing that person isn't a scout.

5 hours ago, Quin said:

For what it's worth, it took until page 13 of the Sale / Moncada trade thread until someone expressed that opinion. That person, now thrice-banned poster, said they'd prefer Benintendi because Moncada "strikes out at a horrific rate" and has an "MiLB OPS was about 75 points lower than Adam Eaton."

Good thing that person isn't a scout.

😆

5 minutes ago, Fernando Tatis Jr said:

That’s all right. Troll detector on alert setting. Truth is I will carry the scars to the day I die along with the election of 2016. So I have to emote.

If you believe Hahn, they said that they do not rebuild without making that trade, so as much as it hurts, I'm at peace with it. 

We have a joke on this site that Tatis is Voldemort, you should never speak his name. 

You know who or He who shall not be named are acceptable. 

Edited by Jack Parkman