Predict the Lineup

Chicago White Sox

6 minutes ago, Rounding_Third said:

gonna throw a curve so I can be yelled at. :) 

1. Madrigal/Eaton   
2. Moncada
3. Anderson      
4. Abreu    
5. Jimenez   
6.Grandal
7. Robert    
8. Vaughn
9. Madrigal/Eaton

I think Madrigal bats 9th no matter what, but I do think Eaton is the wild card.  I could see La Russa batting him 2nd, but ultimately I’m expecting him to do the right thing to start the season and keep him towards the bottom of the order.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think Madrigal bats 9th no matter what, but I do think Eaton is the wild card.  I could see La Russa batting him 2nd, but ultimately I’m expecting him to do the right thing to start the season and keep him towards the bottom of the order.

Yeah, I get Madrigal 9th.  But I do see him improving his BB rate too.  I really like Anderson 3rd to take advantage of his slg.  Mostly why I went with it.  I get the "why mess" too.  Eaton has a helluva obp when healthy.  Hopefully still has some speed on the bases, too.  Just to clear, my Madrigal/Eaton is not uncertainty but rather against L-R SP. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, flavum said:

I already gave my answer, but how much would people lose their shit if they went:

Eaton, Madrigal, Abreu, Jimenez, Moncada, Anderson, Grandal, Vaughn, Robert

I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't necessarily call it terrible either.  We have a good team.

Anderson can't be that low.  

I think LaRussa is putting Madrigal and/or Eaton at the top of the order. I get Theriot/Furcal vibes in LaRussa's mind with them. Other than Abreu in the 3 hole, I have 0 clue what he's going to do but I'll take a stab at it.

Madrigal/Eaton 

Eaton/Madrigal 

Abreu

Grandal

Eloy

Moncada

Anderson

Robert

Vaughn (to ease him in)

I hope I'm wrong.

38 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I think LaRussa is putting Madrigal and/or Eaton at the top of the order. I get Theriot/Furcal vibes in LaRussa's mind with them. Other than Abreu in the 3 hole, I have 0 clue what he's going to do but I'll take a stab at it.

Madrigal/Eaton 

Eaton/Madrigal 

Abreu

Grandal

Eloy

Moncada

Anderson

Robert

Vaughn (to ease him in)

I hope I'm wrong.

Theres no way Anderson will go for not leading off. He’ll hit first. I bet Eaton Bats 2nd though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

FWIW, Nightengale (who has obviously nailed the entire White Sox offseason) said Eaton will bat at the top of the order

If true maybe I'll get my wish of TA 3rd.  Over the last 2 seasons, 21 of his 28 hr's have been solos.  Chances are good that he hits >=25 this year.  Would be nice to see him get a chance to hit more with men on.....not that I'm complaining!!!  Like to see Abreu protecting him in cleanup, too.