Predict the Lineup

Chicago White Sox

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

As long as Vaughn is serviceable and won’t crash into Robert, I don’t dislike this lineup.

In our ballpark, with Robert in CF it really shouldn't be that big of an issue to have Vaughn in LF for the first 7 innings. When Engel is in RF we should still have a plus outfield. 

There are fewer shorter tasks in sports than playing LF at Guaranteed Rate Field. If you can keep yourself from getting hurt, you don't even have to be serviceable on D.

31 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Grandal in a run producing spot is a horrible idea. You have to have ability to get base hits to bring in runs

Maybe flip Moncada and Grandal in my lineup? Not a fan of Grandal 2 though. With Eloy in the lineup, I'd have Grandal 5 or 6.

More likely outcome is probably Eaton 2 spot.

Edited by manbearpuig

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

R SS Anderson

L RF Eaton

R 1B Abreu

S 3B Moncada

S C  Grandal

R CF Robert

L DH Collins

R LF Vaughn

R 2B Madrigal

This is pretty good. I dont think Vaughn will stay that low for long. But even the bottom third will be tough on pitchers and they can get pretty good OBP from 789. In fact, it may be the best OBP at 789 of anyone in the league. 

Here are my new lineup ideas:

vs RHP | vs LHP

1. Anderson, SS | Anderson, SS
  2. Grandal, C# | Grandal, C#
  3. Abreu, 1B | Abreu, 1B
  4. Moncada, 3B# | Robert, CF
  5. Robert, CF | Vaughn, LF
  6. Collins, DH* | Moncada, 3B#
  7. Vaughn, LF | Mercedes, DH
  8. Eaton, RF* | Engel, RF
  9. Madrgial, 2B | Madrgial, 2B

Just brutal how much losing Eloy changes the complexion of the lineup.

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Here are my new lineup ideas:

vs RHP | vs LHP

1. Anderson, SS | Anderson, SS
  2. Grandal, C# | Grandal, C#
  3. Abreu, 1B | Abreu, 1B
  4. Moncada, 3B# | Robert, CF
  5. Robert, CF | Vaughn, LF
  6. Collins, DH* | Moncada, 3B#
  7. Vaughn, LF | Mercedes, DH
  8. Eaton, RF* | Engel, RF
  9. Madrgial, 2B | Madrgial, 2B

Just brutal how much losing Eloy changes the complexion of the lineup.

Hope for big leads early for a defensive sub in the 6th/7th inning.

• Like 1

Opening Day: SP Giolito 1. Anderson SS, 2. Eaton^ RF, 3. Abreu 1B, 4. Moncada* 3B, 5, Robert CF, 6. Grandal* DH, 7. Garcia* LF, 8. Lucroy C, 9. Madrigal 2B

If Grandal can catch, than perhaps Vaughn will be brought up or they'll go with Collins at DH.

EDIT: RHP Bundy is the Angels' pitcher, so I believe La Russa will bat Eaton 2nd and Grandal 5th or 6th. (Had Grandal 2 and Eaton 6)

Edited by South Side Hit Men

19 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Opening Day: SP Giolito 1. Anderson SS, 2. Grandal* DH, 3. Abreu 1B, 4. Moncada* 3B, 5, Robert CF, 6. Eaton RF, 7. Garcia LF, 8. Lucroy C, 9. Madrigal 2B

If Grandal can catch, than perhaps Vaughn will be brought up or they'll go with Collins.

That lineup is brutal

30 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Opening Day: SP Giolito 1. Anderson SS, 2. Eaton^ RF, 3. Abreu 1B, 4. Moncada* 3B, 5, Robert CF, 6. Grandal* DH, 7. Garcia* LF, 8. Lucroy C, 9. Madrigal 2B

If Grandal can catch, than perhaps Vaughn will be brought up or they'll go with Collins at DH.

EDIT: RHP Bundy is the Angels' pitcher, so I believe La Russa will bat Eaton 2nd and Grandal 5th or 6th. (Had Grandal 2 and Eaton 6)

Gross. Downvote. Yuck. No. 

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Ban his ass!!

WTF? 

Who is going to be different if Grandal can't catch? If he can, than perhaps Vaughn will get the nod at DH if JR is not worrying about his contract when JR is in his 90s.

Would be irresponsible to shove Vaughn in Left Field, but then again this is what the White Sox do as general operating procedure.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

WTF? 

Who is going to be different if Grandal can't catch? If he can, than perhaps Vaughn will get the nod at DH if JR is not worrying about his contract when JR is in his 90s.

Would be irresponsible to shove Vaughn in Left Field, but then again this is what the White Sox do as general operating procedure.

I’m only playing on the banning, but that lineup is brutal.  We can’t afford to start both Lucroy & Leury unless it’s against a LHP.  It’s Vaughn or die time for better or worse.

17 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

WTF? 

Is Vaughn in Left field really a thing? How can this team be considered a legit world series contender starting a rookie first basemen in left field? 

How is there absolutely no depth on the farm after this team sucked for so long? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m only playing on the banning, but that lineup is brutal.  We can’t afford to start both Lucroy & Leury unless it’s against a LHP.  It’s Vaughn or die time for better or worse.

With Engel out, they are limited in OF. They were last year when Hahn was spending $36M on Grandal, Parrot and Mazara, and ended up with Nicky Delmonico in RF on OD.  I'd bring up and start Collins over Lucroy, but the manager and Narron are likely to side with "veteran presence". That's why Billy Hamilton was brought in, before the Eloy injury.

My lineup is based on what I believe La Russa and Narron will do. Garcia is the best actual outfielder option unless they go out an get another OFer before OD.

Does Vaughn even own a mitt beyond a 1B mitt? It's reckless to put him out there, even with a one week crash course. Then again, recklessness is how they got to this point. It is ironic that La Russa was shitcanned in part for his experiment of Carlton Fisk in Left Field. 

23 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

With Engel out, they are limited in OF. They were last year when Hahn was spending $36M on Grandal, Parrot and Mazara, and ended up with Nicky Delmonico in RF on OD.  I'd bring up and start Collins over Lucroy, but the manager and Narron are likely to side with "veteran presence". That's why Billy Hamilton was brought in, before the Eloy injury.

My lineup is based on what I believe La Russa and Narron will do. Garcia is the best actual outfielder option unless they go out an get another OFer before OD.

Does Vaughn even own a mitt beyond a 1B mitt? It's reckless to put him out there, even with a one week crash course. Then again, recklessness is how they got to this point. It is ironic that La Russa was shitcanned in part for his experiment of Carlton Fisk in Left Field. 

To be fair, the GM who fired him was an idiot who lasted a year.

35 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

To be fair, the GM who fired him was an idiot who lasted a year.

Yes, the fish rots from the head down. It was Jerry's brilliant idea to fire Hemond and bring in Hawk. Hawk also purged Dave Dombrowski, architect of the great 1990s Expos teams, Miami's two World Series Championship teams, Detroit's two AL Pennants, another WS title in Boston and likely a solid contending team with the Phillies after he gets a few years to clean up that mess (the bullpen is already much improved, their major issue the past few seasons).

Edited by South Side Hit Men