Predict the Lineup

Chicago White Sox

15 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

And now Andrew vaughn is not starting opening day. The idiocy of Tony la russa has already begun. 

I’m not going to blame Tony for this. If anything, seems like a punishment for not agreeing to an extension.  Can’t believe how bad this lineup looks compared to some of the hopes and dreams we had for it heading into the offseason.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

And la russa said he's gonna try to get everyone on the roster some games and abs in first for games. Cant wait to see Jake lamb! Lol this old crotchety dope.

I don’t think he’s wrong to do that, in all honesty.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

So many days off early in the season and with weather I dont get it. Not like some part time players are gonna get in a rhythm because of it. 

At the end of the day the lineup doesn't mean much obviously but its just such a disappointing opening day lineup for an all in year. Sheesh.

lol we fire one manager who sucks at making lineups because he's stuck in the 90s and hire another manager who sucks at making lineups because his hayday was in the 90s. 

Edited by chw42
  • Haha 2

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So many days off early in the season and with weather I dont get it. Not like some part time players are gonna get in a rhythm because of it. 

At the end of the day the lineup doesn't mean much obviously but its just such a disappointing opening day lineup for an all in year. Sheesh.

I agree the lineup is disappointing. I can see him wanting to get everyone in the lineup, especially Mercedes against one of the LHP

Just now, chw42 said:

lol we fire one manager who sucks at making lineups because they're stuck in the 90s and hire another manager who sucks at making lineups because his hayday was in the 90s. 

And have an owner that still thinks payroll is in the 90s

• Fire 2

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t either....but I don’t know if not starting Vaughn sends the best message. I mean, who is the starting LF? Did anyone ask Tony that? Tony said when Eloy got hurt they were going get Vaughn as many reps as possible in LF to prepare for the season. Now he’s on the bench for Game 1? 

Honestly, I’ll give TLR the benefit of the doubt early...I don’t have reason to doubt him at this point. But that can change quickly. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I don’t either....but I don’t know if not starting Vaughn sends the best message. I mean, who is the starting LF? Did anyone ask Tony that? Tony said when Eloy got hurt they were going get Vaughn as many reps as possible in LF to prepare for the season. Now he’s on the bench for Game 1? 

Honestly, I’ll give TLR the benefit of the doubt early...I don’t have reason to doubt him at this point. But that can change quickly. 

Yeah this Vaughn thing is pretty stupid.  Just kinda seems once Eloy got hurt, their world got turned upside down.  I agree with what you’ve said today, losing Eloy was a colossal blow for the team.

2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I don’t mind him being in the lineup but Garcia should be batting 8-9 

Especially not against righties. Leury's decent against lefties but very below average against right handed pitchers. 

Just now, fathom said:

Yeah this Vaughn thing is pretty stupid.  Just kinda seems once Eloy got hurt, their world got turned upside down.  I agree with what you’ve said today, losing Eloy was a colossal blow for the team.

Building a roster with the expectation of Eloy, Robert, Moncada, Anderson, Madrigal & Grandal all being available for 150+ games was never logical but the cracks are already being shown sooner than anyone could have expected.

1 minute ago, Dominikk85 said:

I can understand larussa not wanting vaughn to play his first MLB game in left field and since it is a righty pitcher and collins did very well in spring DHing him makes sense too. 

Not sure why leury is batting 6th though, maybe it is to get the L R alternation? 

Not really, because he's going to be hitting behind Moncada and Grandal. I don't know why TLR loves bunching all the switch hitters together. 

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Building a roster with the expectation of Eloy, Robert, Moncada, Anderson, Madrigal & Grandal all being available for 150+ games was never logical but the cracks are already being shown sooner than anyone could have expected.

Some of us warned about the injury prone core players and how the Sox did absolutely nothing to insulate themselves this offseason.  The thing that sucks about Eloy getting hurt so soon is there’s nothing to guarantee more injuries don’t also occur.

• Like 2