Predict the Lineup

Chicago White Sox

18 minutes ago, Tony said:

Honestly, I’m not totally sure. I’m taking a wait and see approach, I think it’s only fair. I want to see how TLR operates these first two weeks, I think we’ll get a good idea of what to expect by then.

And yet, you gotta admit it feels like the classic too clever by half “I will hit my pitcher 8th” LaRussa, doesn’t it?

2 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Why would Zack have to miss 3 days? Because they are gonna pitch lefties or because he will backup Grandal?

I think Q is pitching Sunday. One reason. 

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

And yet, you gotta admit it feels like the classic too clever by half “I will hit my pitcher 8th” LaRussa, doesn’t it?

It's very possible. Every manager out thinks himself at some point. There is also the added element of we just don't know if Tony has lost anything off his fastball, and if he has...how much? Lastly, and of course the most important thing.....any manager is as good as his roster is. Over 162, I think they are probably in decent hands.....but again only time will tell. 

3 hours ago, VAfan said:

I think as fans we overanalyze the lineups. I'm guilty of this too. 

My current feeling is that Tony LaRussa has managed 5000+ baseball games. He's filled out more lineup cards than most guys in history. I'm willing to defer to his expertise. 

I’m sorry, but there’s no excuse for batting Leury 6th, especially not against a RHP.  TLR could have a million games as manager and it would still be completely stupid.  If you’re compelled to start him in a sub optimal matchup at least bat him 8th.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m sorry, but there’s no excuse for batting Leury 6th, especially not against a RHP.  TLR could have a million games as manager and it would still be completely stupid.  If you’re compelled to start him in a sub optimal matchup at least bat him 8th.

Hall of fame manager or some dude on the internet. Guess who we should trust 

8 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Hall of fame manager or some dude on the internet. Guess who we should trust 

Lol...nothing better than the douche on the message board who basically defends every decision their favorite team makes because those in charge are “professionals” while the rest of us are just some “dudes” on the internet.  Why the fuck are you here if debating actual baseball decisions is not acceptable in your mind?  I’m sensing a strong Tommy Longo vibe with you.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Orlando said:

This is some Rick Renteria ish

8 hours ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Wtf is TLR doing? Why bat him in the 6 hole????

8 hours ago, chw42 said:

lol we fire one manager who sucks at making lineups because he's stuck in the 90s and hire another manager who sucks at making lineups because his hayday was in the 90s. 

8 hours ago, Orlando said:

Lol man this is such a crappy lineup. World Series with a bunch of slap hitters 

It’s going to be ironic that I’ll be one of the few on here defending Tony La Russa opening week, similar to defending Ricky until the final week of the season.

They need to ease Vaughn into the lineup against RHP, he’s straight out of A ball, regardless of pedigree.

Tony is a big fan of taking advantage of platoons and splits, fans better get used to it. 

8 hours ago, GREEDY said:

Somebody tell Tony how much the two weeks of Vaughn is costing the organization.

Don’t understand why the majority of fans side with ownership over players.

Kenny said they wouldn’t play games with his service time, and he is definitely one of the best 26, especially with end of the road players like Lamb and Hamilton also on the team.

Either field the best time you can, or STFU about “multi championship season windows”. While the FO should have done more, the team is doing the best with what they have.

• Love 1

Garcia is so bad batting left that he should essentially be considered a RH hitter at this point.

Even if you decide to have him in the lineup for defense or whatever reason, I can't think of any good reason to bat him 6th. He'll kill at least one good rally there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1